Is this bad? Used all the calories at once,

Options
FionaAndGeorge
FionaAndGeorge Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,

Today I went out for a nice meal with family, and we had Sunday roast. I didn't have a Yorkshire pudding, only ate one roastie but I didn't have a white whine spritzer. So I ended up using all my calories for the day on one meal. Is this bad? Is this going to make me gain weight?

Has anyone done this? Any advice? Do I need to eat less tomorrow? I'm not planning on eating anything else today so will not go over my cals. Thank you x

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I had Sunday roast of 4 oz chuck and 3.75 oz vegetables with a roll totaling 400 calories. If that's how much you ate you win more calories to eat today because 400 isn't enough for you.

Live your life. Try to stay in your calorie deficit. If you go a little above your calorie budget, at least try to stay in your maintenance budget. If you go above your maintenance budget, don't make yourself sick. Sick is bad. Do not punish yourself later for eating today. Tomorrow, start over again.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that. You can use your calories all in one meal or spread out in several meals.
  • FionaAndGeorge
    FionaAndGeorge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It was in a restaurant you see, so it was a large portion and I did eat all the meat and it was covered in gravy. So I have overestimated and also the White wine spritzer had a lot of calories on it.

But you are right, I enjoyed the meal and I'll move on!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    If that's all you eat today, it's no different than spacing it out over several meals.
    Nothing to fret over.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that. You can use your calories all in one meal or spread out in several meals.

This.

I don't like eating only one meal (usually my restaurant meals are in the evening and I lack self control if I fast until going out to eat), so I tend to save some calories from other days, but eating all calories in one meal makes no difference. Lots of people do it most days, even.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk or use the treadmill, a bike, or other exercise. Then you can eat something else today. :)
  • mrbumblepants
    mrbumblepants Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've found this is fine. In the past, I would skip 100 calories every day, and then use them up on a day I knew there'd be lots of food. I still lost weight, and didn't feel out of the ordinary. I wouldn't recommend this if you are on a really low calorie, tight diet (like 1200 - 1500 calories a day).
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I eat only 1 meal a day
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    There is nothing 'bad' about your meal. You have had a lovely dinner with your family - like many of us do.
    If you are logging your food, log it and move on. Do not under-eat to 'make up for' today. If you feel hungry, eat. You're not a robot and your body isn't programmed to simply have X amount of calories or else. I seriously doubt that this will effect your weight loss goals. I understand that your weight goal is important to you but what is all this for if you are unable to have a life in the process? What you have done is totally, totally fine.