Apple Watch Series 2

Options
Anyone considering one of these?

The inbuilt GPS makes it much more attractive than the Series 1 but I am worried about battery life as Apple seem a bit cagey about battery life saying it will be about the same as the Series 1 but I would think the GPS will chew up the juice?

Replies

• tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think it will also but the notifications does as well. I will be moving from Polar to the Apple watch 2 series..this should be intresting for me.
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the original and love it. I don't run so have not need for the GPS or Series 2. I am considering selling mine and buying a new Series 1 with the faster processor, darn thing is slow. But the new OS update next week is supposed to make things much snappier, I'll make my decision after spending some time with that.
  • Kev1234567
    Kev1234567 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im thinking about replacing my old Garmin Forerunner with the new Apple Watch Series 2. Not sure whether to go for the Nike version as I cant see any difference to the other watches apart from supporting the Nike Run Club app.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I've got the original Apple Watch, very happy with it and no plan to upgrade at this point. The GPS isn't a big deal to me since I always carry my phone while running or biking anyway.

The most useful upgrade for me would be to the Workout app itself, to show more data like Strava or some of the other apps do. Hopefully that will be part of the iOS upgrade.
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I've got the original Apple Watch, very happy with it and no plan to upgrade at this point. The GPS isn't a big deal to me since I always carry my phone while running or biking anyway.

The most useful upgrade for me would be to the Workout app itself, to show more data like Strava or some of the other apps do. Hopefully that will be part of the iOS upgrade.

Running without my phone is the appeal of the series 2. I have a fitbit and love it and I uses a polar ft4 for running. I would get the fitbit surge but I think it is not a very attractive looking thing.

Two things holding me back on the apple watch, I think it's a want rather than a need and they are quite a few dollars.