Stretch Marks

Options
Just wondering if anyone has used a non surgical method to reduce the appearance of stretch marks as you have lost weight?

Replies

• maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    coco butter...bio oil...daily moisturizing. other than that...nothing will get rid of them bit these products might fade them a bit.
  • empressjasmin
    empressjasmin Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks below my belly button from being pregnant. After a year and a half they still hadn't faded much so I started using "palmers skin therapy oil" (not the moisturizing oil) after my showers and was actually surprised how well it helped fade my stretch marks. They are still there but I have to really look to see them. I had used a couple other palmers products before trying the skin therapy oil and they didn't make much difference.
  • empressjasmin
    Options
    Great! Thank you! Will try that! Mine are also from pregnancy. @Lynnmi07
  • emmam1212
    emmam1212 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm trying castor oil right now. Seems to be helping but too soon to tell. There are a lot of great reviews though.
  • emmam1212
    emmam1212 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Also coffee scrub helped mine fade a lot.
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks will fade in time , I don't think there is Anything beyond surgery that will remove them completely but everyone has them and they aren't the end of the world ! :)
  • empressjasmin
    Options
    Thank you and you're right! Just watching my body change as I lose a little weight and just wondering what will happen to them lol @aneedforchange
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nothing helps them... I am pregnant with number 6 and I have a ton that will never go away lol.
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I swear by itworks defining gel! I used it twice a day for 6 months and I got amazing results. No Im not a consultant so I don't sell the stuff but I do use it

kxqeswrlo21q.jpeg
    4idu2sq2vjya.jpeg
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I can still see my marks because I'm so close to them but when I look in the mirror I barely see them.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    ariel1116 wrote: »
    I swear by itworks defining gel! I used it twice a day for 6 months and I got amazing results. No Im not a consultant so I don't sell the stuff but I do use it

kxqeswrlo21q.jpeg
    4idu2sq2vjya.jpeg

That's what happens with time as well.
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've been using Acti-labs Phyto Lotion. I've been using it for a few months and loving the results. Now I know it's working and not just them reducing over time because I had my son 5 years ago. They looked they same a few months ago as they did 6 months after I had him. They were still very red and aggressive after so long. Within a few weeks of using this lotion, they have reduced to just silver lines now. I'm not sure if the lotion has done its job and that's the best I'm going to get but either way, I'm happy :smile:
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    They fade over time. Cocoa butter and/or Vitamin E oil seems to speed the process.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ariel1116 wrote: »
    I can still see my marks because I'm so close to them but when I look in the mirror I barely see them.

Yours mustn't have been deep?? I have them on my tummy and hips from pregnancy, my last kid is nearly 22, and my stretch marks are still noticeable, way more than yours.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks a pretty much like ladders in tights, on they're in the collagen in your skin. They can never be repaired, but do fade.

Bio oil is great for making them look less angry and making them sting less (I have defective collagen and stretch marks in my stretch marks and they get sore, sometimes!) Can't heal or prevent them, though.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    ouryve wrote: »
    Stretch marks a pretty much like ladders in tights, on they're in the collagen in your skin. They can never be repaired, but do fade.

Bio oil is great for making them look less angry and making them sting less (I have defective collagen and stretch marks in my stretch marks and they get sore, sometimes!) Can't heal or prevent them, though.

tried the bio oil and it didnt do squat for me. thankfully I didnt have to pay for it It was sent to me free for doing an at home study on it.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I got mine for free, too!

Haven't used it for a while, but mine have been less irritated since using Sanex shower gel.