??? BEST carb-protein-fat ratio ???

Options
I've been eating for over 30 years now and apparently been doing it wrong all this time !!!

So....... what is a good carbohydrate-protein-fat ratio to loose weight and gain muscle, while exercising 1-2 a week (ok, more like once)?

Replies

• NickAmrine
    NickAmrine Posts: 34
    Options
    just go with what my fitness pal recommend i think its 55% carbs 35% protein and 20% fat
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    You are going to get widely varied responses. You really need to experiment with moving the ratios around a little at a time and find what gives you the most energy, etc. I ended up changing mine back to MFP's default (55/15/30).

At the risk of being flamed, I believe many people on MFP have their protein set way too high.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    the BEST ration is diffrent for everyone, you got to figure out what works for you
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    the BEST ration is diffrent for everyone, you got to figure out what works for you

^^ This.

I have my protein set quite high because my goal is to eat my body weight in protein a day. I do a lot of weight training and I know protein is important. I personally think MFP has the protein set way too low.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being flamed, I believe many people on MFP have their protein set way too high.
    I find it low or I eat a lot of protein. I go over by 40-50 pts a day.
  • akarmiloff
    akarmiloff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all !!! Great points.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    40-40-20 on carb-pro-fat is what works for me, I go over on fats most days but I mostly eat good fats so I don't worry about it.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    There is no 'best' except what works for you. It depends on your activity level,metabolism, if you're on medication, and well, what you want out of eating. MFP uses what I believe is a typical nutritional profile based on government standards, however many people--myself included--have customized their settings according to their personal objectives. You can look at my profile as to my reasoning, and my diary is open.