Obsessed with food, where do I begin??

I'm Angie from CA. I've had this app for a couple years now lol but only found these forums last month. Since finding them, I've made some friends that have really kept my motivation going this time around!! :)
Today makes my 30 day (in a row) log in #WooHoo Feel free to add me. Let's help encourage each other to get healthy!! I know I need all the help I can get :#
I'll be 40 soon and have barely any energy to keep up with my youngest child, who's 4. I'm also now the babysitter for my grandkids (ages 1 & 3). I gotta get healthy for these kids LoL and the fact I LOVE food makes this is hard :D

More about me: I'm a mother 5. Four boys ages 4, 12, 13 & 20 and my daughter's 22. I also have 3 granddaughters already ♡ Ages 3 and 2 are 1 yr old. I'm only 5'2" and currently weigh more than I did with any of my pregnancies :'( My last baby was an emergency C-section and although I use that as an excuse as to why I'm so big HaHa That happened almost 5 years ago. I'm going to start being accountable & confess that I over indulge with ANYTHING YUMMY.

Replies

• Congrats and good job on the 30 day log in. I have had a problem with over indulging myself. The stopped 2 weeks ago and the results have been amazing. Good luck in your journey. I know you can do it.
  • ltlriver
    ltlriver Posts: 35 Member
    I've found on high protein and very low carbs ( meaning only the carbs that naturally occur in green beg n salad) obsession with food goes - I'm convinced that sugar is addictive and once a person eats some the body begins to demand more and more! Of course any carbs you eat and don't need for energy turn into sugar and then fat!
    So to beat food obsession you might try avoiding carbs n find that wonderful place where you're surprisingly 'unhungry' ! : )
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Stay hydrated, and active, and make a meal plan. It helps me knowing what my next 4 days of eating will be in advance.