everything is getting smaller but.....

Options
I am fairly new to MHP and before starting I had lost 12lbs got unmotivated and decided before gaining the weight back to try MFP. I am now down 21lbs and couldnt be happier that I am losing. I have alot more to go. I have noticed I am loosing the most in my upper chest, neck area. Not seeing a hugh response to the mid section, thighs,arms or back. I have not had to go down a size in clothes but notice they are bigger in the hip and butt area. I really want to start loosing more in my stomach area.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing. You can't target specific area and we all lose in different areas.

I do cardio and I lost the most in my face, chest and waist so far. I'm sticking with my cardio program because I'm losing, I just notice different areas more than others.
  • dikent
    dikent Posts: 24
    Options
    Great job on the loss! Keep it up!

The only thing that will get rid of those inches around the waist is good ol' cardio. You could also try adding in some strength training if you aren't already. I've been doing upper body/core work for about 6 weeks and I am seeing more definition (Wow - there is muscle under there! lol)
  • stu_35
    stu_35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Belly is usually the last to go. I'd say watch your dairy and sugar intake. Also if you're drinking soda, even diet, cut that out too.

Sounds like you're on the right path as 21 pounds is amazing! Focus on total body reduction and not spot reducing. As far as exercise make sure and get in some cardio, but more importantly do some weight training! By adding muscle your metabolism will speed up and you should be able to blast the fat away.

Don't rush things, be in this for the long haul.

Best of luck!
  • OliveJuice821
    Options
    I'm in agreement with everyone else. I'd do more strength training to tone up, as well as keeping up with the cardio to burn through the fat. Exercises that target specific areas (to tone) can help out at least a little bit.
  • SweetTeaBlossom
    Options
    I do weights, Pilates, and cardio. My stomach's shrinking like crazy and that's my worst spot.

3138468.png