Keto Women!

Options
Hello looking for friends to share some advice and motivation with :) please feel free to add me. (Women only)

Replies

• ltlriver
    ltlriver Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sexist dog.
  • barkersam6891
    barkersam6891 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yea me too
  • JerriFairy
    JerriFairy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same! Add me too!
  • nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • hwerth
    hwerth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! Starting tomorrow.. Wish me luck!
  • johnneedhamSr
    johnneedhamSr Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too, women only o:)
  • JerriFairy
    JerriFairy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The men 'humorously' posting "me too" on here, are the reason women say "women only"... just saying.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out (both men and women though):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out (both men and women though):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

@harcar2016 these women in this private group will be very helpful and kind. Best of success and welcome to MFP forums.

Here are three years of labs to help you see what Keto Way Of Eating has done for me. I am down 50 pounds but cutting out my joint and muscle pain is what I am most excited about and the reason I went Keto.

Pre LCHF (two years ago) labs were:
    Total Cholesterol - 226
    HDL - 38
    LDL - 146
    Triglycerides - 209

9 months of LCHF (one year ago) labs were:
    Total Cholesterol - 404
    HDL - 56
    LDL - 323
    Triglycerides - 121

17 months of LCHF (today) labs were:
    Total Cholesterol - 257
    HDL - 63
    LDL - 186
    Triglycerides - 36
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    me too :) 4th days into keto now and I feel great! following the bulletproof diet actually!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm keto, and log and post everyday. I comment and support, encourage and share.
  • cinnamonsprinkles
    Options
    Trying to get into ketosis again but struggling. Yoyo_fitness what is the bulletproof diet?
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Trying to get into ketosis again but struggling. Yoyo_fitness what is the bulletproof diet?
    hey! It is keto but food you eat is least harmless to your body, it is very interesting. Bulletproofexec.com has lots of info. I have learnt a lot from his book (Dave Asprey). For example he recommends a cup of bulletproof coffee every morning (coffee with grass fed butter and MCT oil). It is super delicious but makes you full the whole morning, you don't have to eat anything until lunch, while the ketosis continues and burn your fat. You get more mental clarity and sleeps much better!! Strongly recommended!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    hey! It is keto but food you eat is least harmless to your body, it is very interesting. Bulletproofexec.com has lots of info. I have learnt a lot from his book (Dave Asprey). For example he recommends a cup of bulletproof coffee every morning (coffee with grass fed butter and MCT oil). It is super delicious but makes you full the whole morning, you don't have to eat anything until lunch, while the ketosis continues and burn your fat. You get more mental clarity and sleeps much better!! Strongly recommended!

I fixed a cup of instant regular coffee with heavy whipping cream and coconut oil this AM. It works for some and is a major turn off for others.

Through Trial and Error we can learn what to eat and when to eat it that works for us but there is no universal way of eating that I have found at the age of 65.

With my healthcare background I tend to recoil from advice from any book that is also selling products. :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    When I want something "bulletproof" to drink, I choose strong fresh-brewed black tea with heavy whipping cream, coconut oil, butter, or some combination. Very filling and keeps me in control the whole day. I feel better on lower carb but I aim for 50-100g carbs per day. I doubt that keeps me in ketosis all of the time.

Here are a couple of links that might be helpful in addition to the low carber group link already posted:

http://www.ruled.me/bulletproof-coffee/
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/p/low-carb.html

Good luck!
  • Doamond47
    Doamond47 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am interested in Keto diets. I've been doing a lot of research. Please add me I am looking to loose weight and I need motivation
  • ecoP48
    ecoP48 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am back after seeing a woman i know lose 60 lbs on very low carb with intermittent fasting aka ketonic diet. one simple rule I incorporated from her - nothing before noon or after 8 pm.