Hello, and thank you MFP!

Options
hydrostation
hydrostation Posts: 37 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Robert, and I've been using MFP for a few years now.

When I began my journey, I was 275lb @ 5' 11" and super depressed. I had been this heavy for many years, I had just gotten a divorce after 14 years of marriage. I was tired of looking the way I did, I was tired of having no self confidence, and not even knowing what it was like to enjoy a healthy fitness activity. I used to make fun of athletes and runners all the time.

Using MFP helped me to learn so much about food, nutrition and what I had really been putting in my body for most of my life, MFP helped me lose 95lbs in 1 year.

I can't say enough about MFP and how a free app has helped me make such a drastic change in my life. How much confidence it has given me, how much better of a father and a person I am now.

This is my first of many forum posts here. I just wanted to say thanks, and wanted to offer anything I could back to the community. Anyone can do this!!!

I'm still learning, I'm still heading toward my goals and I still log my food every day using MFP.

gr4uku1fwff1.jpg

h0j017l6uvyt.png

gkzvm0bfb6zn.png

Replies

• cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing!! Congratulations on all your hard work and dedication. You look fantastic. :)
  • lilsteig
    lilsteig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats and great work!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! You look great! ^^ This should definitely be posted under the "Success Stories" category.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Thank you for sharing. I am amazed at what I've accomplished with this app.
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You should be very proud.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Dude! Wow!
  • xjchic98
    xjchic98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing story. What an inspiration!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - such amazing, inspiring progress.
  • hydrostation
    hydrostation Posts: 37 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thank you all! What an amazing community I have discovered. I can't believe how long I've been using this app only to now discover this incredible group of people.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Way to go @hydrostation ! That is an amazing feat!! You look fantastic!!
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Damn son. What a transformation.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Im totally gobsmacked. .what a huge transformation ..well done..an amazing job ..congratulations on all your hardwork and dedication paying off