Curves? Yes! Jiggle? Not so much....

Options
Dar_Line86
Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! I just went thru my friends list and deleted the people who aren't active anymore and now my list is kinda sad!
I'm looking for friends to help motivate each other on this fitness journey. I'm 30 years old, married, with a 1 year old. I've lost about 14lbs and I have about 20 more lbs left of my goal. I've recently hit a plateau with the weight loss. The scale hasn't moved in weeks but I'm seeing and feeling the results so I'm good with it. I'm working out more and LOVING it but also still REALLY LOVE food!
Tell me about you and your goals! Add me!

Replies

• hydrostation
    hydrostation Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Dar_Line86!

I feel your pain when it comes to the plateau. It can be really demotivating to continuously put in so much work, and the scale doesn't move.

For me, every time I hit one, (and it happened quite a bit) I just kept at it. I ignored the scale. I would go a week, 2 weeks, sometimes 3 weeks, and it seemed like I should just give up. Then, next thing I know,... blam, 2 lbs magically disappear one morning, and they stay off.

The closer I got to my goal, the slower it came off... I finally got a scale that measured weight and body fat %. I stopped looking at my weight, and started tracking my body fat %. I had stopped losing a "weight" because I had started to gain muscle mass. I concentrated on 2 things... Keeping my body fat % dropping, and seeing how my clothes fit each week.

Keep to it! You've made awesome progress, and I know you can hit your goal. It'll get slow, but don't get discouraged! You got this :)
  • aleshapijan177
    aleshapijan177 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 with an 8 month old I'm married as well, and need help with motivation! Can't seem to shred the pounds! Feel free to add me :)
  • Dar_Line86
    Options
    I'm 20 with an 8 month old I'm married as well, and need help with motivation! Can't seem to shred the pounds! Feel free to add me :)

Omg you don't look like you need to shed any pounds. That's you in your pic right? You look great especially for having an 8 month old!
  • aleshapijan177
    aleshapijan177 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's me in my picture, I have 25 lbs I need to lose! I was 120-125 before I had my daughter and now I'm 150 and super self conscious! Thank you though:)
  • Dar_Line86
    Options
    Yeah that's me in my picture, I have 25 lbs I need to lose! I was 120-125 before I had my daughter and now I'm 150 and super self conscious! Thank you though:)

I understand completely girl! Good luck, you got this