Are You Hot!!!

Options
DirkRocks
DirkRocks Posts: 34 Member
What do you do when it's just to damn hot to venture outside. I love to cycle and haven't been able to get out early to do so. Temps been 102 and I feel like a well done lobster.

Replies

• DirkRocks
    Options
    A very humid heat.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    It's humid here as well. I either walk on the treadmill or play around with the kids.
  • DirkRocks
    Options
    I tried indoor cycling but it took me 62 laps to complete a mile :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    105 here today in Scottsdale

...... 103 with the windchill factor

72 degrees inside my gym; no worries.
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Nope. We have central a/c B)
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people in Florida live. I guess they get acclimated to it. I thought I knew bad humidity. Till I visited Key West and thought I was going to die just stepping outside my hotel room. In October. :s

It's not too bad where I am now but in extreme heat I seek shelter in cool areas as I don't do heat well. Luckily my gym is good about the temperature in there.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I can relate OP! I'm in Alabama and the humidity here is awful. I've got a brand new mountain bike but I've put off riding because it's been suffocatingly hot. Come on Fall!
  • drbuzzard91
    drbuzzard91 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    i drink and get fat
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    When I had to travel to Puerto Rico frequently for work I could never understand the logic with the aircon. It would be like a sauna outside, but a freezer inside. I, a Brit, would have to make sure I packed sweaters for any work trip to PR so I didn't catch my death of cold in the offices, and yet the PRs would ask me how I coped living in cold old Britain!?
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Put your underwear in a sealable food back and pop it in the fridge for an hour.
    Now that's refreshing!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's freezing in this office.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    It's a normal temp here today but when it's hot and humid I stay in the house and exercise in my living room. No one should have to sweat THAT much
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    I love the heat! Humid or dry I'll take it. Not looking forward to winter!
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I was. The south is brutal and sweaty. Now I'm near the Canadian border and I'm shivering and cold.