Milk ? Wight loss!! :0

Options

Replies

• Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Homemade things can still be weighed. We do all homemade foods, and I still weigh it. For homemade sauces and such, use the recipe builder. It will help you to determine the calorie count per serving.

Exactly.

I make home made soup - 4.5kg of the stuff, then freeze it in bags of 400g portions.
    I make turkey breast spaghetti bolognese with wholewheat pasta- 4.5kg of the stuff, then eat in portions of 400g.

Every ingredient for each was weighed and put into the recipe builder. I know exactly how many calories i take in with each 400g portion.

If you honestly want to lose weight, you first have to be honest with yourself
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    wrharvill wrote: »
    English is my native language and I make mistakes all the time, no worries at all. I was actually responding to Alyssa_Is-LosingIt's response, it gave me a chuckle :smile: Kudos to those who speak multiple languages, I offer only the highest level of respect to you for that!

This is so kind of you!! thank you.
    love :D
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You need to weigh all your food on a food scale and log it in MFP, to be sure you are eating the correct amount of calories.
    Look, all of this is educated guessing. Without accurate calorie counting, it's not even educated.

Weigh your food. Suck it up and do it. Eat to the calorie amount MFP tells you, not some random number under. Commit to doing this for at least six weeks. Then assess. If you have not lost weight, cut 100 calories from that total and repeat.
    Look, all of this is educated guessing. Without accurate calorie counting, it's not even educated.

Weigh your food. Suck it up and do it. Eat to the calorie amount MFP tells you, not some random number under. Commit to doing this for at least six weeks. Then assess. If you have not lost weight, cut 100 calories from that total and repeat.

Thank you guys ... though weighing is hard as it is homemade not canned things :3

You don't HAVE to weigh food to lose weight. All you need is to eat less than you burn. But if you are having trouble not eating too much without weighing and logging it might be a good idea to do it for a while at least. Once you get a better idea of portions and calories you may be able to stop.

like I should burn more than I eat? like I have to eat 1500 a day I have to burn 2000 a day? omg?
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Guyssss since I was 1 years old till now 22 am drinking a full cup of full fat milk each morning! With kaak and cookies and cakes am addicted to this. IS this the reason am not losing? Another quest is should hit all my calorie goal set to me by MFP??? What if I left like 200 cals spare? Thank y'all ;)

No, the reason you are not losing weight is because you are eating too much overall. You can still have your milk and cake and still lose weight. I would say kaak too, but I have no idea what that is.

Be sure to measure your milk because it's a liquid and weigh your slice of cake in grams. Log everything you eat.

Am having now like 1200 a day to ensure that am not having much :3 am afraid am not eating much.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Ricksh1000 wrote: »
    Homemade things can still be weighed. We do all homemade foods, and I still weigh it. For homemade sauces and such, use the recipe builder. It will help you to determine the calorie count per serving.

Exactly.

I make home made soup - 4.5kg of the stuff, then freeze it in bags of 400g portions.
    I make turkey breast spaghetti bolognese with wholewheat pasta- 4.5kg of the stuff, then eat in portions of 400g.

Every ingredient for each was weighed and put into the recipe builder. I know exactly how many calories i take in with each 400g portion.

If you honestly want to lose weight, you first have to be honest with yourself

thank you for answering, but where can I find the recipe builder?
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    VegetaSKJ wrote: »
    I find clerics are the best aid for wight loss.

heheeeeee omg!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Guyssss since I was 1 years old till now 22 am drinking a full cup of full fat milk each morning! With kaak and cookies and cakes am addicted to this. IS this the reason am not losing? Another quest is should hit all my calorie goal set to me by MFP??? What if I left like 200 cals spare? Thank y'all ;)

No, the reason you are not losing weight is because you are eating too much overall. You can still have your milk and cake and still lose weight. I would say kaak too, but I have no idea what that is.

Be sure to measure your milk because it's a liquid and weigh your slice of cake in grams. Log everything you eat.

Am having now like 1200 a day to ensure that am not having much :3 am afraid am not eating much.

The results are always in the evidence. The result is that you are not losing weight, therefore the evidence shows that you are eating too much to lose weight. If you were not eating too much, you would be losing weight.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

The results are always in the evidence. The result is that you are not losing weight, therefore the evidence shows that you are eating too much to lose weight. If you were not eating too much, you would be losing weight.

Ha! thank you :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Ha! thank you :)

My pleasure. :)
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the cake and cookies are what's sabotaging your efforts. I typically drink 4-5 cups of 2% milk a week and have had no trouble losing consistently. It's vital to meaure accurately and carry a calorie deficit. If you're finding you're hungry, increase your vegetables and fruit intake (you can also increase carbs, but this is tricky and requires a lot more attention to detail). I'm curious as to what is so difficult with weighing the food? It takes me less than a minute to weigh my meals.
  • izzyrhunt
    izzyrhunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can substitute with almond milk. 3X less calories, cut fat content in half, and 50% more calcium
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Ricksh1000 wrote: »

Once you have 11 400g portions, what do you do with the remaining 100g portion? ;)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    The milk itself isn't the reason why you aren't losing weight. Are you working the milk in to your calorie allowance by correctly measuring the amount? You can totally continue doing what you are doing if you make it fit in to your day! The question is, do you want to sacrifice this calorie amount on milk? I personally find it's a lot more fulfilling to eat the calories than drink them! Alternatively, would you consider switching to Semi Skimmed milk? :D
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    The milk itself isn't the reason why you aren't losing weight. Are you working the milk in to your calorie allowance by correctly measuring the amount? You can totally continue doing what you are doing if you make it fit in to your day! The question is, do you want to sacrifice this calorie amount on milk? I personally find it's a lot more fulfilling to eat the calories than drink them! Alternatively, would you consider switching to Semi Skimmed milk? :D

the skimmed milk here is expensive :( besides almond and plant based ones :)
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options

In the food diary - there is a button called RECIPES.
    Click that button
    Then on the right is another button that says enter ingredients...
    do that and build your recipe - save it and voila!
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    tracymayo1 wrote: »

Click that button

Yayyy!!! But what if tge portion was more or less?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options

Cake and cookies for breakfast would definitely sabotage my weight loss as I need protein and fiber to feel full.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    tracymayo1 wrote: »

Click that button

Yayyy!!! But what if tge portion was more or less?

Write down all your ingredients (weights of solids, measurements of liquids) to enter.
    Weigh your pot/pan you are going to be cooking with, write it down,
    After you have cooked your dish, weight your pot/pan with the cooked food in it.
    Subtract the weight of the pot/pan from the weight of the pot/pan with the cooked food in it (for example, your pot weighs 800g, and your food AND pot weigh 2000g. Your food weighs 1200g)
    Enter the difference of the 2 as your # of servings (per our above example, it would be 1200 servings, which means 1 gram is 1 serving)
    When you go to eat your food, weigh it in grams just like you would anything else, and log it :)

Hope this makes sense! :)

You can also put in a set # of servings (for example if you are prepping food for the whole week, and you know what you are making is for 5 meals) and set your servings that way!
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Once you have 11 400g portions, what do you do with the remaining 100g portion? ;)

That's eaten straight away B)