Not a good day... :P

Options
Tell me how it is possible to gain 1lb when I worked out, was under my caloric goal, and ate the same things that I ate the day before when I had lost that same one lb?! So frustrated right now.... :(

Replies

• AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You need to match your body's demand for calories when you're working out. Without exercising, it is amazing to always be under your calorie goal, but you need to eat more when you exercise, to fuel your muscles so that they can go to the fat burning level. Review your diaries and make sure that you aren't sending your body into starvation mode by eating too few calories and exercising excessively.
  • toronto40
    toronto40 Posts: 2
    Options
    You might gain weight if exercising regularly, fat turns to muscle and weights more. Or it could just be water weight. Don't be discouraged, just keep going!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    You really do need to eat back some of the calories you burn exercising, your body needs the fuel. But your weight can fluctuate 2-3 pounds a day due to water retention, so try to just weigh yourself once a week and don't concentrate so much on that number but on how you feel, look and how your clothes fit.
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself every day. Your body can hold water from one day to the next. Weigh weekly and monitor your measurements too. If you are working out, you build muscle, muscle weighs more than fat (and looks a lot more attractive on your body, too). So don't get hung up on the numbers. Stick to your healthy eating and good workouts and you will look and feel fantastic.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know how you feel. I gained 3 pounds in 24 hours so am monitoring my sodium. Many MFP pals told me that it's probably my sodium level. How is your sodium intake level?
  • alandarwin
    alandarwin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days, but try to focus on your overall goal. You're doing good! :)
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Try to remember our weight changes hour to hour day to day, so looking at the scale daily can discourage you and give you false hope as well...most folks would say pick a day and let that be your guide.

Even if you must look daily cause I do the same only count the number once a week on the same day at the same hour that's a true indicator if you're really losing or gaining.

Watch your calorie intake and when exercising try to eat a few of those calories as well.

Good luck and don't masure this journey simply by what the scale says because you can get discouraged and let down by the scale. :smile:
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    You might gain weight if exercising regularly, fat turns to muscle and weights more. Or it could just be water weight. Don't be discouraged, just keep going!

Awww, your first post.....
  • AlexandriaMichelle
    Options
    Thank you guys for your posts! I totally agree that I need to eat more of the calories that I burn. I do work out A LOT! I teach Zumba twice a day Mon-Fri. each class burns 800-1000 cals for me. I do weigh -in once a week at Weight Watchers. Every Saturday morning at 7am before I eat or drink anything for the day. I just got carried away recently with weighing my-self because we invested in a scale. So now it's time to tell my-self to back away from that thing until weigh-in day.
    Next question then.....I weighed in this morning at 124 after I used the restroom ( I know T.M.I sorry ) hour later went to my weigh-in at Weight Watchers and their scale said 125....I didn't drink anything, eat anything, nothing....so question is how much do scales really differ and how accurate are they? What should we look for when we buy a scale? I don't want an estimate I want what I really weigh. comments?