Bingo Wings!!!

Options
As I'm losing weight, I notice my arms are getting flabby and have the big ole bingo wings. I know I won't ever be able to tone them as well, but what are some good exercises for toning the arms? I'm going to begin to do push-ups on a regular basis and hope that works out nicely, but other than that, you guys have any suggestions? FYI, I do not have dumbbells/weights.

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    maybe try tricep dips?? No weights needed . To make it harder you raise your feet. Look up this exercise on google for the best description.
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You can try overhead extensions with a bag of potatoes? Haha I'm trying to be creative.... You could do kickbacks with canned goods too!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    push ups
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    push ups

Yup.
    Pushups. Regular, or slow school, aka YOGA.

• shadowelmtree
    shadowelmtree Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty tough workout for arms even though it looks deceptively easy. Requires no weights. After the 7 minutes my arms are burning
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGv6BM9YTRs
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    dgjmrhrmh99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This sounds so off the wall...but YEARS ago a friend of my mom's who was in her 40's at the time used 2 cans of vegetables...one in each hand and as she watched tv or had her coffee she would hold one in each hand arms out to the side palms down and just lifted them from her side until they were straight out to the side...and it actually worked...crazy...insane and a little out of the box...but it actually worked ....I suppose you could use heavier cans as u go
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    As I'm losing weight, I notice my arms are getting flabby and have the big ole bingo wings.

That's probably loose skin plus extra body fat. Exercises don't target either of those, sorry. The skin may snap back on its own within 2 years. For strength training, it's best to follow a good, full-body program, without modifying it. If you don't have weights, try the Nerd Fitness program. :+1:
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    As I'm losing weight, I notice my arms are getting flabby and have the big ole bingo wings.

That's probably loose skin plus extra body fat. Exercises don't target either of those, sorry. The skin may snap back on its own within 2 years. For strength training, it's best to follow a good, full-body program, without modifying it. If you don't have weights, try the Nerd Fitness program. :+1:

This. The only thing you can do is wait till the skin tightens, remove it with surgery, or fill it in with muscle mass.
    Also for push-ups. They are primarily a chest movement that also recruits the anterior delts on a varying degree depending on the severity of your elbow flare. The triceps are a secondary muscle in the movement and see no where near as much recruitment as your pecs. Unless you're going for diamond push-ups or close grip TUT push ups.

Have you looked into getting a gym membership?
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    As I'm losing weight, I notice my arms are getting flabby and have the big ole bingo wings. I know I won't ever be able to tone them as well, but what are some good exercises for toning the arms? I'm going to begin to do push-ups on a regular basis and hope that works out nicely, but other than that, you guys have any suggestions? FYI, I do not have dumbbells/weights.

Do a push up with your hands placed at your chest level, elbows in and do the push-up motion. Kills your triceps. Play around with your hand position until you feel a burn in the triceps.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty tough workout for arms even though it looks deceptively easy. Requires no weights. After the 7 minutes my arms are burning
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGv6BM9YTRs

this is just metabolic fatigue...not muscle building. You really need some kind of body weight resistance to get the muscle strong.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, bingo wings are only going to disappear with time and muscle growth. Depending on your genetics, the skin may tighten and you can fill the tricep area with muscle but that's hard to do while you're in a caloric deficit. I wouldn't worry about the extra flap right now and just focus on an all over progressive strength training routine and continue with the caloric deficit. When you've reached goal, then you can shift your calories back up and seriously work on putting on some muscle.