family on offer

Options
Hi not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes....

A few months ago I decided to book a holiday. Usually I go and work in orphanges or childrens hospitals or something like that but this time I decided to have a proper holiday. Beach, sun, spa, the works. And as a special treat I offered to take my mum, my niece and my two nephews. All I needed was my 'bikini body'

So recently I was talking to my aunt and she's just had an operation and I offered to take her as well. She said she'd think about it and get back to me. About two hours ago she rang and said my cousin wanted to speak to me about our holiday. She comes on the phone and says that 'a few' of them are thinking of going. Being Irish and knowing that 'a few' can be anywhere between two and a billion, I asked her to elaborate.... I am now going on holiday with my mum, my niece, my two nephews, my aunt and TWENTY THREE of her nearest and dearest!!!!

In conclusion if anyone wants them all they're yours!!!!!!!

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    LOL WOW that sounds like quite a handful! It sounds like you sure did earn this trip! Enjoy!!! Good luck dealing with that group wow! Should be very interesting! :laugh: :wink:
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    I'd rescind the offer of going with them! Or at the least, change your dates so you have a few days with them, but the rest to yourself.
  • lustyrusty
    lustyrusty Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm considering selling them on ebay....
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have never had a family member do that to me!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Oh my! Can you book a room in a different hotel for yourself? Make it look like it was someone else's fault of course ;0) And I'd suggest copious amounts of tequila! Good Luck!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You could totally get group rates for transportation, accommodation, entry into attractions. Embrace your inner travel planner and have some fun! Let the travel agent know--my mom used to do group tours with her senior friends and the travel agent sometimes gave her a massive discount for bringing the group,especially on cruises.
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Um, say no? I get that it's hard to do that with family, but that's excessive. Why not just tell her that you wanted to have a relaxing holiday with your closest family members?
  • lustyrusty
    Options
    lol I think it was mostly my cousins idea so I'll let her have the hassle of arranging everything!

Is it only my family that do mental stuff like this though?????
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Lol love the Irish most of my closet friends are, you guys are great.
  • lustyrusty
    Options
    We definitely have our own way of doing things and when it all goes wrong all we have to do is say 'sure it was good craic' and we get away with it!!!
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    I've had people (family and friends) beg with puppy dog eyes to come along someplace, but never did any decide they would just tag along. I hope each is paying their own way!
  • lustyrusty
    Options
    I hope so!!! Either that or I'm going to be working every hour God sends!
  • princess_elle
    Options
    Is it only my family that do mental stuff like this though?????
    My family also does this, and my family is also Irish. :laugh:
  • lustyrusty
    Options
    It's gotta be in the genes or something! It's the only rational explanation!
  • princess_elle
    Options
    I am definitely thinking it is something in the genes! I had to explain to them after our daughter was born that we needed a few days of rest and relaxation and ALONE time. I tried to say in the nicest way that was non-accusing, and they were actually understanding. The key is to express your needs and use phrases with "me" and "I" rather than saying "you" or making it about them. Less hurt feelings that way. =)

Hope that you figure things out with your family and can enjoy your vacation no matter what the outcome! I thought the post about group rates was very cool. At least if you have to deal with them, take advantage of it!
  • lustyrusty
    Options
    You guys are all so nice. Generally I just tell them all to 'jog on'!