Salmon

Options
Making salmon for the first time tonight. I have no idea how to prepare it. I have lemon pepper seasoning and olive oil....can anyone tell me how to cook it? Thanks!!

Replies

• ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Sprinkle a bit a seasoning on it and throw it on the grilled or in the oven. TADA, easy as pie.
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Heat up a bit of olive oil in the bottom of a fry pan, season your fish with the lemon pepper on both sides unless yours still has the skin on one side, then cook it just above medium for about 5-7 min on each side depending on thickness and voila!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If you have a grill, use that! Grilled salmon is awesome. Or stick it under the broiler. When fully cooked, it should be flaky and no longer be translucent. I also have an amazing recipe for honey lime salmon that is good (and good for you!) :)
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Usually make it on the Foreman, with blackened seasoning.
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Sprinkle a bit a seasoning on it and throw it on the grilled or in the oven. TADA, easy as pie.

Completely agree, but add to cook it in aluminum foil or else it will stick to everything. It's awesome on the grill. I like to rub a little bit of oil oil on it, sprinkle it with Mrs. Dash's type seasoning and then add some fresh lemon juice. Fresh dill is amazing too.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Completely agree, but add to cook it in aluminum foil or else it will stick to everything. It's awesome on the grill. I like to rub a little bit of oil oil on it, sprinkle it with Mrs. Dash's type seasoning and then add some fresh lemon juice. Fresh dill is amazing too.

Would you just cook it on a pan that has an aluminum foil sheet? or wrap it in aluminum foil?
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pan with aluminum sheet.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Usually make it on the Foreman, with blackened seasoning.
    me too! the foreman is awesome!! no blackened seasoning for me, i like garlic powder, dill weed, and a little italian seasoning.
  • hajra123
    hajra123 Posts: 13
    Options
    I hate the taste of salmon im sorry! I've tried so many different recipes and even bought smoked salmon in the hope that it might somehow overpower the fishy taste of it but nothing works, im upset because i know the benefits of eating salmon but i just cant stomach it! i prefer a milder tasting fish like cod.
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Would you just cook it on a pan that has an aluminum foil sheet? or wrap it in aluminum foil?
    [/quote]

Either way works, but I like to wrap it in the foil and stick it on a pan. Clean up is super easy then too.