MFP vs Weight Watchers??

Options
Hi! I've done both - had huge success on WW a few years ago but am not loving their newest program. I'm wondering what everyone else's opinion is of MPF vs WW.

Thanks for the input :)

Replies

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't like the idea that WW promotes 'diet food ' same for Rosemary Colney which I did very well with 20 years ago. Mfp has worked for me and I have maintained 3 years I eat standard food and my diary is public if you want to see what I mean. Just had a weekend away so that's a but random!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    MFP is free. I like free.
  • treeselynn78
    treeselynn78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input - I'll check your diary out :smile:

I understand WW new concept - they are trying to be low/no carb without saying low/no carb. But as a vegetarian, it is extremely hard to do a carb diet (actually it wasn't long after trying Atkins that I went vegetarian!).

I use to work for WW and really loved and believed in their old plan - this one though I just don't like.
  • treeselynn78
    treeselynn78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LMAO chef_barbell!
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I think MFP translates better into maintenance and other fitness goals. You learn directly about calories and macros and how that applies to your portions and food choices. If the WW support group is appealing and motivating to you that's one thing, but if you're just using WW to count points, you might as well count calories instead.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I was a WW member for around a year or so. It's supposedly a 'simplified' version of 'Calories in, Calories out' (I politely disagree!). I left WW because I found it a little restrictive and I didn't like the way the meetings were conducted. When I step on the scales and see a pound gain, I don't expect my leader to berate me and ask me 'What HAPPENED this week?'. I've seen that WW has now become even more complex, not to mention very strict. This is my personal opinion.

MFP has worked much better for me in terms of weight loss and mental health!