hello i am new

Options
I have been working out for a while! I have been tracking my food since January. I have also quit smoking! Weighed in today and I have gained weight! I also have hypothyroidism! I am so lost when it comes to weight loss. Feeling hopeless! Thanks for listening Diana

Replies

• suzi365
    suzi365 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana! Congrats on consistently working out, AND quitting smoking! That is quite an accomplishment. Finding the right "mix" of a healthy diet and exercise is the key to weight loss.
  • hippichik1961
    hippichik1961 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana!! I'm Kim & I've very recently started back on MFP because of my blood sugar. Going to the doc today to hear the official verdict, but I have no doubt that she'll confirm diabetes. I have to follow a strict diet & exercise for the rest of my life. No easy task after years of eating whatever I wanted & living a non-active lifestyle, but I can do this!! With determination & support, you can, too. Giving up smokes was a huge step in improving your health (I quit 5-1/2 years ago). Now you just need to find an eating plan that works for you. I went to a local bookstore & found an awesome diabetic cookbook. I plan to go back today & see what else I can find. Best of luck to you!!!
  • BpChinoXL
    BpChinoXL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, Diana. As a few posted congratulations on your journey in self-development. As diabetic and living with family members with hypothyroidism it is not easy to find the internal motivation to do thing. I congratulate you in moving forward and not giving up. One of the few thing I know about weight loss in HT(hypothyroidism) is you have to have your very greens in a moderation.However, too much of it can effect you thyroid hormones. But it is a necessity to also produce hormone. The idea is to find the right food that can help you succeed your goal. If you want just add me and we can figure out a plan that can work. Either way we are all here to support each other. best of luck.