Evil BBQs

Options
mandeiko
mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
Well, it's summer and as we all know, BBQs keep popping up. Any ideas on how to survive the evil BBQs without binging on every calorie in sight? AND what alcoholic beverages are not super high in calories? Help!

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Well, it's summer and as we all know, BBQs keep popping up. Any ideas on how to survive the evil BBQs without binging on every calorie in sight? AND what alcoholic beverages are not super high in calories? Help!

Double workouts in the morning! LOL
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go
    Offer to bring a dish, make it a healthy one and start with that one.
    Bring your own meat to through on the grill. I buy like chicken I know I have marinated and know the ingredients and then ask my friends to put it on for me.
    Overall, just try to plan for them. Kick up your workouts when you know you have one coming up or call it a cheat day if they are not that frequent.
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I eat small portions! Maybe a tablespoon of everything!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Double workouts in the morning! LOL

I already plan on it!
    Eat before you go
    Offer to bring a dish, make it a healthy one and start with that one.
    Bring your own meat to through on the grill. I buy like chicken I know I have marinated and know the ingredients and then ask my friends to put it on for me.
    Overall, just try to plan for them. Kick up your workouts when you know you have one coming up or call it a cheat day if they are not that frequent.

All good ideas, thank you!
  • swseals
    swseals Posts: 4
    Options
    I second the extra exercise suggestion. However, if I know that an event like that is coming up, I go ahead and put in what I expect to eat (guess-timation at its best!) so that I can plan my other meals around it. Good luck with saying no to extra portions, though, that's always my downfall. :)
  • mandeiko
    Options
    I eat small portions! Maybe a tablespoon of everything!

Yeah good call! I usually consider a cup a "small" portion. Haha oops.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    I second the extra exercise suggestion. However, if I know that an event like that is coming up, I go ahead and put in what I expect to eat (guess-timation at its best!) so that I can plan my other meals around it. Good luck with saying no to extra portions, though, that's always my downfall. :)

Thanks! Ah I know! And at this particular party, there will be tons of desserts. =X I'm doomed!
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I always eat before I go out so im not starving caus ethen you tend to snack on all the appateizers...and I also would offer to bring a healthy dish and eat smaller portions...and my fav summer drink has been the light margarita mixes that are zero calories so its roughtly 45 cals for each shot of tequila you put in there=)
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    BBQs are actually very healthy-you cook meat without adding any oill. Keep it simple - chicken mostly, skip the sausage and have a small burger. Have a salad - no mayo or salad cream, dont snack om crisps while the food is cooking (I do that a lot), drink water with your food - u can alternate between alcoholic and non alcoholic. Choose clear spirits - vodka with diet lemonade or lime cordiaal and soda water is my favourite. And most important - HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!:drinker:
  • mandeiko
    Options
    THANKS ALL!!! I have read all of them, and they will certainly help!