What's for lunch? (meal prep)

Options
I am trying to prep meals for the week but I don't know what to make. What are you having for lunches this week?

Replies

• Alkenny1973
    Alkenny1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A spinach salad with egg, tomatoes and cucumbers (from my garden), topped with honey Dijon and a yogurt is packed already for tomorrow. I have cauliflower fried rice, carrots and hummus, a spinach frittata and chicken fajitas all in the cards.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I made Fathead pizza crust (a keto recipe which is high fat and very low carb) with some tomato paste, mushrooms, salami and mozzarella. I still have two servings left so they will be lunch for the next few days.

Then I also baked some LCHF bread for toasted sandwhiches. And bought a bag of spinach and some yummy tomatoes to eat on the side of said sandwiches.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner leftovers of half a Pecan Pork Chop and some acorn squash I baked a few days ago is packed for lunch tomorrow. I will probably add some raspberries and blackberries.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I usually just throw together meals for lunch, but they all pretty much revolve around chicken or fish. Depending on if I have time to make a proper meal or not, lunch can vary from something simple [tuna salad for something quick and simple] to something more extravagant but longer lasting [chicken stir fry/chicken fried rice].

Today's was the former [tuna salad with homemade mayo, spicy mustard and lemon juice on a bagel].
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I slow cooked chicken breasts today and shredded them. I will be using those for wraps this week for lunch.
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Leftover slow cooker chicken. Lots of protein. Highly recommend. I live by myself so I'll get six meals out of it, once tonight and one every day this week.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooked-southwest-chicken
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I eat the same basic lunch every day that I prep on Sunday's. It's 3 cups salad mix, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup arugula, 1 tbsp pepitas (or other seeds or nuts), 1 tbsp low sugar craisins, 5 oz grilled chicken, 75 grams sliced strawberries and 2 tbsp low fat poppyseed dressing. Sometimes a sprinkle of feta. I have 5 stocked in the fridge ready to go for the week. Later I snack on yogurt and blueberries and an apple with string cheese. All packed in a lunch bag with little ice packs. Breakfast and dinner have more variety, but I always know what I'm making for dinner ahead of time so I can back into my breakfast calories - usually a hard boiled egg and protein shake. All in, about 1400 calories a day.
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Each Sunday evening I prepare 3 or 4 chicken breast (this evening I grilled them), I eat one most days for lunch with a salad and a piece of fruit. I buy a large package of prepared salad mix at my grocery store to make it quick and easy. So by time I add salad dressing, for about 350 calories I have a protein filled delicious and substantial lunch to get me to late afternoon snack time!
  • bvplh
    bvplh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A cup of nonfat greek yogurt mixed with chia seeds and fruit is my go-to for a light lunch. Great macros, very filling, and delicious!
  • charlottetaylor123456
    Options
    First day restarting today but I am having a Brie, salad and chorizo sandwich! X
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Crispbread or black rye bread with assorted spreads (meat, fish, cheese + butter, mayo, pickles, drippings), milk, fresh fruit and raw vegetables. Porridges with butter, fresh fruit and raw vegetables (or leftovers form dinner).

You should eat what you want :D
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I am a breakfast and lunch meal prepper. This week breakfasts are individual baked oatmeal with a banana. For lunches I made a big batch of taco meat on Sunday. Then I made little packets with meat, 1 oz. cheddar, 2 crispy taco shells, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream and salsa. I plan on making taco salads, while DH will eat the "conventional" taco.

Last week, I made a big pot roast on Sunday with carrots and then a side of oven roasted potatoes for lunches.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I usually plan lunches based on leftovers incorporating certain foods from previous nights' dinner. I do meal prep for breakfast, snacks, and dinners on the weekend.

Today: Whole wheat pasta, homemade tomato sauce, 93% lean been meatballs, parmesan cheese
    Tomorrow: Trader Joe's mandarin orange chicken, brown rice, sautéed bok choy
    Wednesday: Brown rice, canned tuna, Brussels sprouts
    Thursday: Chicken, roasted okra, parmesan truffle potatoes
    Friday: Lunch out with boyfriend :smiley:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I made a big batch of lentil & eggplant chili mole recently and have been having that with some shredded cabbage, diced jalapeno peppers, and vegan cheese. I like chili for meal prepping because you can make a bunch of it and it freezes really well.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The only thing I prep for the week are my grains and legumes. I make a big batch of those every Sunday for the rest of the week. When I make dinner I usually make double of whatever the protein is so I have leftovers to pair with my grains or legumes and usually bring some kind of veg like broccoli that is easy to steam in the microwave...and I usually plan on two days of sandwiches.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Basilin wrote: »
    I am trying to prep meals for the week but I don't know what to make. What are you having for lunches this week?

Today I had 6-oz chicken stuffed with 1/8 C. mozzarella, a slice of hard salami and topped with a sprinkle of dry Italian dressing. In all honesty, it was probably more than 6-oz but I'm lifting and doing cardio later so it's for the sake of gains ;)
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Today I had 3/4 cup brown rice, 6oz skinless/boneless chicken, and brussel sprout slaw. I threw the cooked rice in a skillet with the cooked chicken and slaw and added some low sodium/low sugar smoky chipotle bbq sauce and called it a day. Super easy and yummy. Or I'll do basically the same thing with 6oz lean ground turkey or 2.5oz whole grain pasta instead of rice.

I also will mix 6oz 99% lean ground turkey with 1/4 cup rolled oats and some onions/broccoli slaw veggies and throw on the george foreman grill and have them on toasted ezekiel rolls.

Those are some of my go to lunch meal preps.
  • dewy333
    dewy333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Meat & Cheese roll-ups.
    Turkey & Pepperjack (tiny bit of mustard).
    Ham & cream cheese around dill pickle.

Egg salad if I need a snack later.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Deli turkey cut into strips, shredded mozzarella on green salad with bolthouse yogurt ranch dressing, blackberries and strawberries and a serving of reduced fat kettle chips. Tomorrow will be the same, but will switch to salami and strawberries only.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Leftovers.
    Pancake sandwiches with an egg
    Probably some ham steaks with veggies

But yeah, mostly leftovers (so probably some sausage, fish, and chicken with veggies/potato).