Embarrassed

Options
I need to lose 80 lbs to no longer be considered obese, but would like to lose a total of 100 so I can be "Normal" haha.

Am I the only one working on major weight loss? I just started, but, I feel like I can actually do it this time. In the 7 years I dated my husband (married 7 months ago) I gained 80 pounds! I wish I had lost it for my wedding, but I am trying now, and would love to get back to my size when I was 16 and our love was just beginning.

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 80 lbs to no longer be considered obese, but would like to lose a total of 100 so I can be "Normal" haha.

Am I the only one working on major weight loss? I just started, but, I feel like I can actually do it this time. In the 7 years I dated my husband (married 7 months ago) I gained 80 pounds! I wish I had lost it for my wedding, but I am trying now, and would love to get back to my size when I was 16 and our love was just beginning.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just wanted to say...Good for you!! I'm sure you will be able to do it. You have the determination and drive, and that's the most important part.
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll get there!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You are certainly not the only one. I know how hard it can be. But you can do this.

Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • jdonahue
    jdonahue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have 60 to lose, (probably more like 80 really but 60 is my goal right now) and I'm sure there are a lot of people that are looking to lose a lot. I love MFP and I've lost about 10 pounds already. I hope it works for you!!
  • ugalisa
    Options
    Hi there- I'm on the same boat with you! I just joined and need to lose a significant amount of weight. Of my many tries at losing weight the only way that has actually worked is to actually keep track of what you are putting into your body. I am a complete grazer, and I just don't think about the calories that are eaten when it isn't an acutal "meal." Keep track of the calories/fat/carbs that you eat throughout the day and you will find that when you pay attention to the food that you are eating that the calories can add up quickly. This website will help put it into perspective. Good luck to you!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone here. I gained most of my weight since I met my fiance too. But I guess that also happens when you have two kids. Good luck.
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    II am also trying to lose 60 pounds. I know that it seems like it's impossible, BUT IT'S NOT. I also gained about 50 pounds since I met my husband. I wanted to lose it for my wedding also but didn't. I know that I can now and so can you. Something that might help you, I know that it's helped me, is I hung a picture from when I was about 15 on the fridge so that way when I get in there I can see what I used to look like and what I will look like again., eventually! Also I've been trying not to think about the whole 60 and been thankful for the small losses(12 pounds already)!! Good luck and we're all here for you. No need to be embarrassed here!!:tongue:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I know, it seems like a lot of people only want to lose 20 pounds or less--but there are a lot of people on here who want to lose more! My first goal is to lose 40, but I want to lose 20 beyond that, and even after that, I could probably lose another 20 (but I'll figure that out when I get to -60!) I've been heavy my entire life--since the age of 5--so sometimes it's hard to believe that I could ever be smaller--like I only come in 'this' size. What if you thought of it losing the weight as, "I was this much less just a short while ago, I can most definitely get there again!" Whatever you use as motivation, I'm sure you'll get there! Good luck!!
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, i want to loose around 75lbs. I've been overweight since i was in like 7th grade and i am 21 now. I am at my all time highest. I was loosing weight last year was down to 190 then i met my boyfriend and gained almost 30lbs. So i finally decided to loose the weight.
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    I have a somewhat overwhelming number of pounds to lose too!! But IT IS possible. I've been at it for a month so far and I've already lost almost 20 pounds. I still have at least 85 left to go! Just set smaller goals for yourself and watch the weight just fly off!!! Keep at it and don't get discouraged. It's also good to set some goals that don't require a number on a scale, like measuring inches, or fitting into a certain outfit, or even working up to doing a specific exercise. When I first started a Tae-Bo workout I had a very difficult time just making it all the way through. so I set a goal for myself that by the end of the first month I would be able to not only make it through the workout, but improve in my kicks and endurance....and I've reached that goal. Now I'm setting new goals for different workouts that are even more challenging.

~Pam
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrased....I started on this site with a goal of losing 100 lbs, I should probably lose 120, but I can still remember what 100 lbs less feels like, and that would be a wonderful accomplishment!!! So here I am, down 23 lbs as of last week, I weigh in tomorrow and hope for the best!!! We're all here for support! You can do it!!!
  • Chrissy78
    Options
    I just joined recently,and I also have a "HUGE" amount of weight to lose. My goal starting out is 50 lbs. My doc says I should aim for about 1 lb a week:grumble: which think is awfully slow,but I'm committed, and I'm going to do it! I never had faith in myself to accompolish anyhing, until I quit smoking last year. The good Lord pulled me through, and I know he will help me through this.:flowerforyou: After I lose my first 50, then I need to work on about another 160, but for now we are going totake it one day at a time. I have spent so much of my life being embarrased, that I just REFUSE to do it anymore. I am only concerned with changing m lifestyle so that I can be a healthier me. -- Occasionally I have down days and may need to be reminded o all of this, LOL

God gave you as Great day, do something Great with it !
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    My mom gained about 70 pounds in the years that she has been married to my stepfather. She lost 60 lbs in 2001, but with 9/11, gained it all back. Right now she is back on track and losing, and she is about 10 lbs away from the size she was when they met. After that she wants to lost another 30 lbs. The key to remember is that you are not alone and if you mess up one day, or messed up years, you have to pick yourself up and keep going. You are fighting for your life and the enjoyment of it.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    A group of us are all losing 100 pounds or more. We just started on February 1st but you can join any time.
    Most of us will be checking in on Fridays but as long as you check in weekly. You will find everyone at this site is very informal.
    Just look for the 100 pound challenge under the motivation tab and respond you will be welcome
    Good luck - we will be here when you need us
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I noticed a lot of people gain some even lost weight due to "9/11" I think that may be stress related. There's no going back on that, but we can slowly move foward and look at the next step in working with eachother and helping us reach our own weight goal. I know I am looking forward to being 40 pounds less. Still seems so far away. I've only gone 3 pounds grr.
  • kckat96
    Options
    :smile: I set my first really big goal to lose 140 lbs. That will take me to 200 lbs at which time I will make a new really big goal to loose another 40 - 50 lbs (I would like to end my loosing journey at around 150 - 160 lbs then I'll start my maintaining journey). So far I have lost 17 lbs.:happy: :drinker: Good Luck. Hugs from kckat96:heart:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 70 lbs but right now my goal is 50