What are some things you do to motivate yourself?

Options
Mine are the success stories on here and looking through my before photos and pics of my brother's wedding. Keeps me from binge eating! How about you?

ETA: Also the thought of seeing my ex husband. He's shacked up with a chick 2 years younger than me, Asian, and petite.

Replies

• cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    compare myself to my boyfriend's ex-wife, who has recently lost 35 lbs and is now my size, when i always used to find solace in the fact that i was way thinner than her....
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I remind myself that my boyfriend is easily 30 pounds lighter than me. Were both using mfp but he wants to gain haha
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    compare myself to my boyfriend's ex-wife, who has recently lost 35 lbs and is now my size, when i always used to find solace in the fact that i was way thinner than her....

FUNNY!
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    I've done some things I'm not proud or thrilled about in retrospect... Going to the gym to workout makes me feel like I'm slaying my personal demons.... So much more effective for me than a therapy session!!! I want to be the best all round person I can be! And nothing will make me back down from that goal!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I try on really cute clothes that are a size smaller than my current size. Slightly sadistic? Sure... but it works!
  • snflwr04
    snflwr04 Posts: 46
    Options
    My motivation is to not be the person I used to be and to not let the side effects of fertility drugs get the best of me
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I always try to have a performance oriented goal to go along with the weight goal. Right now it's to finish C25K (only 1 run left). Along with that, I have a bad history of heart disease in my family and want to see my grandchildren grow up.
  • jessicara
    jessicara Posts: 3
    Options
    I look at pictures of myself before I got pregnant, I was 50lbs smaller then. After I had my daughter I started having breathing problems so I went to see my doctor and he said it's Asthma, but I think putting so much weight on so fast while I was pregnant just was to much for my body to handle. Also, thinking back to all the things I use to be able to do again but cant gives me the motivation I need everyday. I also wants to be able to go out and run around and play sports with my daughter that gives me a ton of motivation too!