Nausea?

Options
This morning I was doing my normal ab routine when all of a sudden I started to feel very nauseous. I tried to ignore it and power though, but it got so bad that I needed to stop. I had eaten about an hour before, so I don't think it was from eating too close to exercising. Does anyone have any ideas of why this might have happened and how I can avoid it in the future? Thank you!

Replies

• avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    you might want to try waiting 3-4 hours after eating. You'll get a better burn if you eat after instead of before, too. I always had acid reflux if I tried to work out too soon. ;]
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That happens to me from time to time! I usually wait a while after I eat! The days I dont it seems those are the days that I feel that way on!
  • NickAmrine
    NickAmrine Posts: 34
    Options
    waiting 3-4 hours after you eat to work out is too long since you need to eat every 3 hours and if you go more than 3 hours without eating your body goes into starvation mode and it starts burning muscle instead of fat....

try eating a lot of good carbs such as a banana or brown rice along with 16-24 ounces of water before your workout and then go workout an hour after you eat
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Not everyone needs to eat every three hours. The only people I have ever know who needed to eat every three hours have a thyroid issue. The 3-4 hour waiting time frame allows the food to be further along in digestion and not fresh in your stomach. If you eat right before, all the acids to brake said food down will be hard at work causeing nausea or acid reflux. ;]
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It could also just be the motion. Happens to me sometimes also. Try picking one spot to look at while you work your abs (wall/ ceiling etc) and see if that helps.