I can't stay motivated.

Options
I have lost weight before with Weight Watchers years and I know what works and what doesn't. I will start and give up. I have friends who love to exercise and they do intense workouts but I hate it. My husband lost 45 pounds by not eating carbs and eating less. I just don't understand myself!

Replies

• Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know this situation as well.
    From sport, from work. If I ask if I feel like it, answer is no. So I don't take into account if I love it or hate it. I do it, even if pestering.

Afterwards I'm happy it's done. Next day it'll be the same. Some day I will like it. Until then I keep on doing it. Accepting than first the hard work is to be done, later on I'll have the recompense
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    It has to be something you really want to do. If you do, you DON'T need to do crazy diets or super hard workouts either. You just have to have a moderate calorie deficit on a CONSISTENT basis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If it works, then why do you stop doing it?
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I started by walking 15 min at first. Then it turned into 30 now I'm walking 2-3 miles 4 times a week. Then came the counting calories. The key is finding something you can do for the rest of your life. Counting calories is it for me. I want pizza sure, deducted it from my daily allotted calories.

Never give up.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you need a sustained calorie deficit. Exercise, restrictive diets, not necessary. In fact, counterproductive. If it were working, you'd be doing it. Instead, do what really works: Log your food correctly, hit your calorie goal. Move to feel good. Repeat, day in and day out.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of exercise either - I don't really like the 'gym atmosphere' and I dread the whole exertion thing.
    For me, it is hugely important to find an exercise I enjoy. It took a long time but I found dance! I attend various Zumba classes and at the moment I am doing Shaun T's "CIZE" programme which I'm finding really fun. For me, running on the treadmill was becoming tedious and depressing. It's important to mix it up and discover new things so exercise doesn't become a chore. Even simply going for walks as opposed to driving can really be good for you!

You know how this is done - you just need to find ways of making this work for you and your lifestyle. Your friends may love the intense work-out thing and that works for them but it won't necessarily suit YOU. And that's okay. :) You can do this.
  • fredericktambunan
    Options
    Lift weights. Don't overthink it just do it.
  • ohiowatching
    ohiowatching Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to stay motivated on the exercise also..because it doesnt seem to make a difference...so I end up sore with no weight loss and am hungry from not eating...just must not be doing something right
  • iwtbtagtgtg
    iwtbtagtgtg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I am just rejoining after falling off the wagon big time, even though my husband has been doing very well and sticking to the program. The thing that helped me get restarted today was watching a video that stressed that obesity is a chronic disease and needs chronic life-long attention or treatment (calorie restriction and healthy movement) just as any other chronic illness usually needs life long attention.