Tips for big hips

Options
Hey all was wondering if anyone has any tips for big hips?
Ive always hated my hips, please help

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

Focus on reducing your body weight.
    Unfortunately, we can not spot reduce. Your body decides where to lose fat first.
    Sometimes, our body shape is genetics.
    I found that lifting weights has helped shape my body for the better. Try it, you may like it.
    Again, your body will decide which part will shrink first.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nope, you can't spot reduce.

I'm 15 pounds under the overweight category and most of the fat I have left is still on my hips :(
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    One word: Beyonce.
  • PatriciaVogt1
    PatriciaVogt1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have my the curse of the "birthing hips" that come from my mother's side. All my female cousins have them as well. *sigh* makes buying pants, skirts etc a total pain the butt, add to that that I have the bubble butt that they talk about in the song "I like big butts" and well argh. Even when I was underweight in general in high school due to depression and anxiety, I still had the hips and a bubble butt. Can't beat the genetic monster.
  • MinterC1928
    MinterC1928 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue is that as well.
    I hate my hips.
    Yes I have been told I have 'Birthing Hips" as well.
    Honestly I still can't figure out if it's a compliment or a curse?!?!?!?!
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. :( My hips are so wide and my butt and thighs are very big too. I carry all my weight in this area, and meanwhile have no boobs at all, even when I'm fat... sigh. My pants size is 3-4 sizes larger than my shirt size. It stinks, so that's why I'm going to try cutting to an even lower weight than what my lowest was before. I hope at BMI 20 the fat will finally drop from my hips and lower abdomen.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    For those of you unhappy with "birthing" hips, believe me when I say they make actual birth much easier. Boy hips make for very difficult births...and you might not like them, but many males think they're awesome.