do I look 168?

Options
http://mail.aol.com/33953-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=24285010&folder=NewMail&partId=0 i don't know if im doing this right. been on here for almost a year. My weight has actually gone up :(

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can't see your picture.
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    yeah i cant get it to post. Its my main profile picture. im so disgusted with me right now
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    cant see it..
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    yeah i cant get it to post. Its my main profile picture. im so disgusted with me right now

oh--no i'd say maybe 140 if i had to guess
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    From your profile picture I think you look great. I don't know what weight you look like but you look slim.
  • maorilover
    maorilover Posts: 28
    Options
    No. not at all. I think you are gorgeous.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You're looking pretty good, i'd say high 140-low150's. Remember you are somewhat close to your goal so the weight is going to come off slower for you than someone who has to lose 100+ pounds. You'll get there, just do what is right and it will come.
  • Determined1980
    Options
    Not at all! But you are tall so that will cause you to weigh more. You look GREAT! Tall and thin!
  • maorilover
    maorilover Posts: 28
    Options
    That is 76kgs in New Zealand terms. How tall are you?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    You look fine, I don't know how tall you are so I can't say if you look 168 or not. I wouldn't feel like I needed to lose if I looked like you
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    You look great in all of your pictures! Its hard to tell because your skirt is flowy (I carry alot of my extra weight in my hips and thighs). But you actually look thinner than I am, I am 5'8 and just under 140. It really depends on your hight. Dont be so down on yourself... YOU LOOK GOOD!!!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    No, you certainly do not. You look good. I don't see any parts unproportionate to any other parts. :)

But you have to feel good in your own skin, too. Is your goal a particular number? Or to fit into a certain skirt/pair of jeans? Or is it determined by how you feel, level of energy, and being within a healthy BMI/weight range.

I am 40 lbs from my goal but am beginning to realize the more I like myself right here, right NOW, the better my weight loss efforts become. On days I feel good, I workout harder, have more energy, and make better choices. On days I condemn myself, I'm tanked before I even begin.

If you need a day to feel "disgusted" then take it.. but no more than one, bc it will become, two, three, etc. and before you know it you'll be longing for 168 again.

You can do it! You really can! :flowerforyou:
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    don't let that number mess with your head. I don't know the time frame from when the bikini shots against the tile were taken and the bikini shot in the living room but you certainly look a lot toner in the living room one so I'd say you've tightened everything up and have more muscle than you used to. Muscle weighs more but it also BURNS MORE AT REST so don't knock it.

You look fab. Maybe you just need to maintain if that's where your body is comfy and kind of stuck. It will know when you're at your personal ideal - remember your body may not agree with your scale and your mind. I'd love to see 165 but I think I'm better off at 170 or 175 even if I'm toned (which, I'm not right now)

Also if you're still set to your same loss goals you might need to up your calorie intake (i.e. change your setting from 1-2 lbs a week down to 1/2 - 1lb) and allow your body more food. I'd say maintain and enjoy where you are now and remember where you were when you started. Every journey is a life change no matter how big or small the numbers are.

Congratulations!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think you are a beautiful person!
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Honestly, after looking through your profile pictures...im not seeing a need for you to diet at all. Tone up maybe, but diet? Not at all. If I had to guess I'd put you and 130/140 at the most. If you really feel you want to lose more then good luck, but know that as of right now you look great!
  • pickenslmc
    pickenslmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What is 168 suppose to look like? Everybody is different, I think you carry your weight well. Is it the number that bothers you or the way you look? If it is the number then maybe you can try taking measurements instead of weighing on the scale.
  • Jambabutterfly
    Jambabutterfly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Angie and I just posted a very similar message this morning! I just started back on this program and I am not seeing the results I want yet....sooooo impatient :( Seems like you have the same problem I do...concentrating on the number on the scale! PATIENCE is VERY important, which I am trying very hard to learn ;) You really look great though....I am 157, but only 5' and a half :/ Mini goal to get under 150 :) . And sometimes we don't see our weight improvement as much as others do so just don't give up....that is what I got from my new friends I made this morning :)
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Such a vague question!! If i was 168, let me tell you i would look it! but then again i'm a shorty and sadly have very little amounts of muscle :( you look gorgeous and reallllly its all just number its more important how you FEEL.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. No one on here are supermodels if we were we would not be on here. Get healthy and if you lose some weight in the process it's a bonus. You look beautiful!