Still hungry but so confused.

Options
I'm set to 1,350 calories a day, however most of the time I am starving hungry. I find it very hard to eat only this. I tried uping my calories in case it was set too low but I gained weight, I've checked my macros, most days I'm under my carbs, but up in protein and fat. It gets to the point where I'm snacking on whatever I can get my hands on because I eat all my healthy snacks but still starving hungry.

I'm not losing weight either, I'm stuck. I've never had this issue in the past.

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    have you plugged in your stats to mfp and adjusted for a goal that is less aggressive? and is your activity level accurate? if you're more active than you've indicated you may have more calories to play with.

if you're not feeling satisfied with protein and fat then try with more carbs, different foods have different satiety levels for people. some people do really well with low carbs, others not so much. it's all about what is sustainable for you. sometimes i try to look back at my diary at the meals that left me the most sated and mimic those macros.

if you exercise, are you eating some of those calories back?

also, if you're not measuring / weighing your food you may not be accounting for your calories correctly. most people tend to underestimate their portions but some do overestimate as well.

or it could be hormonal, for 1 week a month i'm a bottomless pit of hunger and cravings.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    How do you know that you gained weight by eating a bit more? How long did you do it for? Unless you're eating at maintenance, you won't gain any fat by eating 100-200 more calories. You could gain water weight, but that's temporary.
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Try eating more volume/fiber.

Big bowl of broccoli with each meal, etc. It will help you feel full.