anyone else planning on starting on South Beach diet this we

Options
I'm planning on kick starting my weight loss with the south beach diet, just to get rid of the sugar cravings and then moving onto a more balanced protein, vegetables, fruits and whole grain lifestyle.

If you wanna do this together, feel free to add me :happy:

Replies

• aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have actually done research all day. My doctor started me on a new medicine that is suppose to make me gain weight :-( and could force me into being diabetic. So I am going to see if the South Beach will help me keep loosing and will help me HOPEFULLY have control over my blood sugar so that I don't become diabetic :-)
  • LyonInLondon
    LyonInLondon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my 7th day on Phase 1 of the SBD - not as bad as I had thought it might be. Even went out to eat at a Thai restaurant and managed to eat pretty well. Not sure if I stuck to it completely that night, but it was close enough for me to still have lost weight when I weighed in the next day :)

So far I've lost just over 1kg (2.2lbs) in just 5 days (didn't weigh myself today). I was expecting to lose more, but with PCOS (polycysitc ovaries), I would say that that's pretty darn good! Going on holiday the first day of Phase 2, so that will be interesting... but atleast I get 1 good carb/starch and 1 fruit in that first week of Phase 2! Should be easier.

Good luck!
  • changedoutlook
    changedoutlook Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome. Good luck on your holiday...

i know my first few days are going to be tough but getting on here helps, so hopefully i'll get through it anf get rid of my sugar cravings.
  • changedoutlook
    changedoutlook Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and high blood sugar too (though not diabetes yet).... my doc and research said SBD should help... lets hope so :)
  • COREYNAVARRO
    Options
    I lost 40 of my 60 lbs on South Beach. It is frustrating because after you loose a lot of weight on phase 1 you don't see much progress for a while after that because your body is adjusting. It did teach me a lot about nutrition and I can gain 5lbs and take it right back off. I got off of it and can't do phase one again ( it was hard for me) but I am pretty much on phase 2 for the rest of my life only I count calories as well. It is a great lifestyle!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey! Are you all still doing south beach? I just started last week. I haven't weighed myself yet, but my clothes are definitely starting to fit a little better. Would love to hear how others are doing on it!
  • LyneaS
    LyneaS Posts: 22
    Options
    I did South Beach about 6 years ago. I lost about 50 pounds over about 9 or 10 months. Then I gained all the weight back!!! It was too difficult to cook meals for myself and separate meals for my family. Now I just count my calories and I use some of the South Beach ideas like only eating whole grains and limiting my sugar. I also exercise now, and even though I weigh about the same as I did after my weight loss the first time, I am wearing much smaller-sized clothes! Good luck!!!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    thanks! to be honest, I am only going to do it short term for a wedding I am in in September, and then I plan on going back to my usual calorie counting:) but like you said keeping some parts of it like sticking to whole grains, etc. Congrats on your weight loss! That's encouraging!