New and looking for friends with lots to lose

Options
Completely new to this and looking for friends who have a similar amount to lose.

Terrifyingly I'm about a pound under 300lbs and desperate to lose at least 150lbs of that. If you've got half your bodyweight or more to lose and like the idea of having a positive and motivated friend to help along the way please add me!

I'm based in the UK, Kent to be exact and would like to get to know others on the same journey wherever you are.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Nic x

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal!
  • amyparker582
    amyparker582 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have 80 lbs to loose and could use any help, positive and motivation to get to that goal
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Nic :)
    Welcome to MFP!

I'm UK based too (Surrey). Nice to see a fellow UK member!
    I know the weight loss concept can seem daunting right now - but I promise you can do this. Break that 150 figure into smaller increments (7 pounds a month or whatever is realistic for you). It'll make it seem a little less tedious and you'll enjoy reaching each individual milestone. If you stick with MFP, you'll get plenty of support here too. And support is really important because this can be tough. But you can 100% get to your goal. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • Fattygettingthinner16
    Options
    Thank you! Still here and on day 3. Positive thinking and having people in the same position to talk to really help me so MFP is great so far!
  • kathryn439
    kathryn439 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the states but have family in the UK (Attenborough and Woodford Halse). I've been on a diet roller coaster for years. I've never had a diet buddy or been in a weight loss group. Maybe this will help. I like the comment by PinkPixieox, small goals are a good idea. I use a photo of myself when I had successfully lost 70 lbs as motivation.
    So, my weakness is sweets. Anybody have any helpful hints for a sweet tooth?
  • kathryn439
    kathryn439 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to get disheartened because I don't like excercise and don't stick to it. Now, I've given up on trying to do 30 minutes a day or join a gym. Now, I just congratulate myself if I do ANYTHING physical. I figure, you gotta start somewhere and ANYTHING is better than nothing. So far I've been pretty good getting on my bicycle and peddling around the neighborhood with the dog. Oh and by the way, I'm 256 pounds. I'd like to get to 180 eventually but my small goal is to get to 230 and maintain that.