Healthier easy meals

Options
Estefani_H
Estefani_H Posts: 17 Member
Anyone have any recipes that are healthier and easy to do for breakfast,lunch or dinner? I need help thanks.

Replies

• Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm all about easy. Easier the better! I make up a batch of quinoa (easy as cooking rice). Cool it down and add whatever to it. I throw in low fat feta, celery, tomatoes, grapes, pine nuts. I leave in the fridge and eat as a side to chicken, burger, etc... get rotisserie chickens at the store, toss the skin and bones and use in countless dishes. I do overnight oatmeal about every day with cashew milk, protein powder, blueberries. There are tons of recipes for overnight oats out there.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - oatmeal, egg, peanut butter on toast, Greek yogurt with fruit.

Lunch - leftovers from the night before, in a wrap or last nights protein sliced on to a salad. Bagged salads are easier.

Dinner - bake a tray of chicken all at once and slice it up. Freeze the surplus that you won't eat in a few days. Have it with a measured amount of pasta, potato or rice and bagged salad or another vegetable. You can change the flavour by using different prepared sauces like spaghetti, Alfredo, curry, or Mexican.
  • Estefani_H
    Estefani_H Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you, do you put any thing else on pasta or rice?
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: I usually do a meal replacement shake cause I'm always running out the door. On the weekends, I'll make Kodiak power cakes (protein pancakes you can find at target - super tasty) or I'll line a muffin tin with slices of ham and crack an egg inside each to make little egg ham muffin cups!

Lunches/dinner: I meal prep. I make shredded chicken to make taco bowls. Pieces of turkey wrapped in lettuce. Cabbage stew. Cheeseburger casserole. Salads with olives, artichokes, and feta cheese! I'll bake chicken with vegetables in a casserole dish! Zucchini noodles with tomato sauce! Beef stew in the crockpot! Jimmy johns unwiches!

Snacks: cauliflower tossed in buffalo sauce and baked, roasted chick peas tossed in buffalo sauce, beef jerky, veggies, cheese sticks, roasted artichoke hearts, popcorn!

I try to keep an eye on my carb intake, although some things I love have a higher amount. That's life.

Feel free to add me! I make a lot of recipes and I'm always happy to share!
  • pasewaldd
    pasewaldd Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I meal prep, too. It makes it so much easier. I also started logging my meals in here ahead of time. That way I know I will have the right amount of carbs, protein, etc. I even log in my excersizes ahead of time. Kind of locked in that way. Great motivator . ;) My hardest part was when I would put combinations of food together, I didn't know how to calculate. Now I just do it as a recipe.
    For low carb meals (I do carb cycling) I make it simple. A burger with cheese (no bun) and vegetables... Tuna and veggies, peanut burtter on rice cake, eggs with cheese. I could go on and on. If you need more ideas let me know. I will post some recipes soon.
  • elina0524
    elina0524 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to make overnight oats for breakfast, that way I don't have to do any prep in the morning. I throw half a cup of old fashioned oats and half a cup of milk into tupperware. For flavor I either throw in a spoon of peanut butter and mix it all up or I do a little bit of honey, cinnamon, and strawberries. Just throw the tupperware into the fridge overnight and in the morning the oats will be all soft from the milk.

For lunch I love avocado toast. I just toast a piece of whole wheat bread, mash half an avocado (use any seasonings you like, i use salt and red pepper flakes), and put an egg on top (you can prepare the egg any way you like, i just fry it).

One easy dinner is zucchini noodles. I just the zucchinni noodles in a pan for a couple minutes with garlic and olive oil to soften them up. Then I toss them with a bit of basil pesto. From there you can add in whatever you want. Sometimes I throw in chicken. If I don't feel like eating meat i throw in avocado or cherry tomatoes.

Another dinner option is brown rice pasta (i get penne from trader joes) with any vegetables you want. I boil the pasta, and in another pan i'll steam vegetables such as green beans and broccoli. Once the pasta and the vegetables are ready, I sauttee it all in a pan with olive oil and garlic and season it with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.