Stopped losing weight

Options
Caquini
Caquini Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I was about 245 pounds when I started exercising(may 2016), up to 2 weeks ago I am at 208 lbs and haven't been able to lose more. People keep telling me how "thin" I'm getting but with no progress. I have been doing even more exsercising lately and have noticed my pants are getting looser and looser. I might be gaining muscle since my diet consists of low carb and high protein+fat. Have this happened to any of you? Btw I'm 27, male, 5'10. Any advice?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    If you increased your exercise in the past two weeks, you're probably experiencing water retention from that. Otherwise, are you counting calories and logging everything as accurately as possible?
  • Caquini
    Caquini Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am, I am also drinking lots and lots of water.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! I advise that you divulge your daily calorie intake, your exercise program, your TDEE, and your macro distribution. That way we have enough information to offer informed comment.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, it's perfectly normal to go a couple weeks without a loss. You lost the first almost 40 lbs pretty fast, you won't keep that rate of loss for the whole trip. Patience :) and congrats on your success so far
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    First : congratulations on losing that weight.
    Second: I'm in the same boat. Stuck on a plateau since March, after losing 50 pounds. I keep nipping and tweaking the diet, trying supplements and so on but I'm still not losing that last 20 -25 pounds.
    My fall back is thinking "I'm still better off than I was before".
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Great progress - well done :)
    Remember, NSV's (Non scale victories) are just as important.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    First, congratulations on the weight loss, huge accomplishment.

Secondly this statement you made: "I might be gaining muscle since my diet consists of low carb and high protein+fat. Have this happened to any of you?" Is not an accurate statement.

You only gain muscle in a deficit that tapers off fairly quickly as long as your deficit is NOT too aggressive (more than 2 pounds per week), you are getting ample protein and progressively working your muscles to activate muscle sparing. You can gain min muscle in a deficit and what you are left with through your weight loss is maintaining those muscles.

Next you are losing a good amount of water weight in the beginning of doing LCHF. So keep what you are doing and great job!

edited to add: your weight loss is not stalled or stopped, you have increased exercise so this may entail some water retention on the scale, its only been two weeks of this LCHF diet so you are probably still adapting to this way of eating..