21 day NO BINGE Challenge--Need your support and motivation!

Hi! I just seriously joined MFP yesterday. I have used it in the past but I wasn't ready to lose the weight then. I am ready to lose it now and I am ready for a lifestyle change. I have been on and off of weight watchers for four years now and I just can't seem to make it a lifestyle...I feel like I CONSTANTLY think about food and weight with weight watchers and end up scruntinizing all my food choices. I know how to eat healthy and portion control because of weight watchers, but I feel like "points" are constantly on my mind. I feel like calorie counting will take that obsession away! The one and only thing that keeps me from losing the 15-20 pounds I would love to lose is binge eating. My definition of binge eating is eating without dignity. When I binge, I'm usually sitting in front of the t.v., bored, or wanting to avoid something like work or cleaning. I binge on "healthy" foods, but you can definitely get too much of a good thing. I need to find a balance and I need support. I honestly have faith that if I could go 21 days without obsessing, which leads to binging, and binge eating I could honestly make this a permanent lifestyle. Here's where you come in...I need support from people who understand this because no one in my family truly does. So who is with me? Starting tomorrow 21 days no binge, which would take us to July 30th!!! Add me as a friend and we can keep each other accountable and I will post this everyday in this board for accountability as well!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Hmmm...this sounds interesting. So basically we are committing to no mindless eating right? I could definitely use this challenge! I'm in! Start today or tomorrow?
  • StaceyRN07
    StaceyRN07 Posts: 27 Member
    That's EXACTLY how I felt, and why I'm here! I joined Tuesday and have already lost 3 pounds! I friggin LOVE this site! Those points with WW were so aggrevating, it wasn't so much the points you had to add, but the "calculating" of the points that drove me crazy! I felt like if I had to just count my cals and get my protien in, I'd do great. I exercise, I eat right, but I was missing something. I think I've found the something here. I will totally be your friend. Welcome :)
  • drejen
    drejen Posts: 19 Member
    I 'm in!! This sounds like exactly what I need.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    I could use this. I'm in.
  • morgat17
    morgat17 Posts: 17
    Let's do it!! I'm in! But you're totally right...it happens when you're bored or are procrastinating (at least that's how I am too!). So...I FORCE myself to get off the couch or wherever and do something...even if it's just a 5-minute task!! It generally takes my mind off of it and it's gone! Even something simple like loading the dishwasher, or even a quick walk around the block. Honestly, I find it doesn't take much...just ACTION of some sort! We can do this...we're all in this together!
  • StaceyRN07
    StaceyRN07 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm in, btw!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Ok I'm in. Lets be accountable. Even eating too much of a good thing is not good.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 381 Member
    joining the challenge. Hoping that with this challenge I can stick to my calorie limit and workout more.
  • sunnycam
    sunnycam Posts: 71 Member
    Count me in!
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    :flowerforyou: I am currently on Weight Watchers but don't count points anymore since joining MFP. I am definitely more comfortable with counting calories especially since the new points plus which changed everything. I have lost an additional 10 lbs. since joining MFP in mid May and before that was on the longest plateau ever. The tracking has helped tremendously. I have been really good about not binging so I don't know about your challenge, but I would be happy to support/motivate you if I can cause I can certainly relate to watching my weight. It's a never ending battle, because even when you get to goal you still have to monitor to maintain which I intend to do this time around. Friend me if you like.
  • arcoriell
    arcoriell Posts: 8
    I do the same thing!!! I can totally relate to mindless eating because of boredom or to put off something else I should be doing. Most of my daily calories come from snacks. :ohwell:
    I need this challenge. I'd love to join. :happy:
  • lrk93101
    lrk93101 Posts: 37 Member
    Ok, me too. I keep thinking I have a handle on it and then it pops up again. I could use some support as well
  • Count me in!! I'm ready for the challenge!!!:smile:
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    I NEED this challenge!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • KristyO25
    KristyO25 Posts: 28
    AWESOME!!! I'm so excited! I think I've added all you as friends, but if I've missed anyone, please add me. So we'll start our accountability tomorrow. Every evening I will post this topic "21 day NO BINGE Challenge--Kristyo25" in the Motivation and Support group. I KNOW that we can do this together. I totally agree with the ones who say you'll be doing well and the binge just kind of pops up...that's definitely how I feel. So let's make this a lifestyle and form new habits. The next time we feel "bingy" let's make it a point to take our minds someplace else. After all this only has to do with our mentality, not being physically hungry. Therefore, let's get out of the kitchen and take a walk, call a friend or relative, read a book (I'm an English teacher, so I like this one)...just take our minds someplace else! Can't wait to see how the first day goes for everyone!
  • Tmochava
    Tmochava Posts: 41 Member
    I'm defintiely in because I'm definiely a binge and not in a good way. I have a tendency to overeat when I "cheat" and then feel so uncomfortable. This challenge is perfect for me. Hopefully it train me to not overeat or even cheat period.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    There's a great acronym for this situation. It's called H.A.L.T. Before you eat, ask yourself "Am I hungry, angry, lonely or tired?" If you say yes to anything other than hungry, don't eat! :)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    I'm Serena and I am a real binge eater. The kind that hides it and lies about it and cry's because I have no control over the impulse. Count me in.
  • jowans2004
    jowans2004 Posts: 38 Member
    Hello, I definitely relate..if I don't want to do something, even SLEEP..I sometimes end up eating. Happened yesterday in fact..please add me as a friend, and count me in :) Support really goes a long way!!
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    There's a great acronym for this situation. It's called H.A.L.T. Before you eat, ask yourself "Am I hungry, angry, lonely or tired?" If you say yes to anything other than hungry, don't eat! :)

I need to start filtering a lot of my "snacks" through this little acronym! I am a huge emotional eater, I could really benefit from this challenge I think!

Katie