Need Idea for breakfast

Options
xaryo
xaryo Posts: 104 Member
And don't talk to me about smoothies and that kind of thing. I'm not into that.

I'm more a left-over from yesterday type of person. No problem with eating a bowl of spag from breakfast.

Replies

• TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Special K Flatbread breakfast sandwiches. I've only tried one type so far but it's tasty and surprisingly filling for the size. It's the Egg w/vegetables & pepper jack cheese. 150 calories with 10 grams of protein. (7g fat)
  • pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I will make a stirfry most nights with bell peppers, onions and tofu. If I have left overs I put them in tupperware and mix in with scrambled eggs the next morning. Yummy leftovers and its easy!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you like eating leftovers for breakfast, why not do that? It's what I do most days.

• suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I make egg white muffins....Egg Beaters with some spinach, tomato, maybe a little cheese and what ever protein is left over from dinner the night before. I mix it all together, pour into a cupcake pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes. You can mix it up with extra/different veggies and proteins.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Go Japanese - rice and miso soup
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I love eating leftovers for breakfast. Yesterday, I ate my daughters leftover kids meal Mac and cheese and broccoli with a hard boiled egg for breakfast.

Anytime I have pasta leftovers, a poached or hard boiled egg tossed in the next day makes a great breakfast
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    xaryo wrote: »
    And don't talk to me about smoothies and that kind of thing. I'm not into that.

I'm more a left-over from yesterday type of person. No problem with eating a bowl of spag from breakfast.

If you aren't limiting yourself to "breakfast foods", then what is the problem? Eat what you like.
  • BreonnaQueen
    BreonnaQueen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is a little lean ground turkey meat, egg (or egg white), some spinach and roasted tomato scrambled in a pan. I season with a little low sodium taco seasoning and a dash of hot sauce. It's delicious, filling, and I don't feel heavy through the day like if I had a super heavy carb breakfast.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    a donut
  • pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Breakfast English Muffin Sandwich: :p

1 english muffin
    1 egg
    1 lightlife veggie patty
    1 table spoon of jam

YUM!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Breakfast has become my favourite ....and I find it the easiest to prepare for.
    -I make a pot of steel cut oats in the evening then proportion it into 1 cup servings. To sweeten without added sugar I add cinnamon, Madagascar vanilla paste and chopped apples.
    -I hard boil a dozen eggs so they are ready to grab as part of a quick breakfast or snack.
    -When I cook chicken breast, I always cook extra. Chopped chicken breast is great on a mini naan.
    -Mixed greens with some walnuts or pecans and chopped Apple or pear. I eat it with yogurt and don't add dressing to the salad.
    -Any variety of dry cereal with some yogurt and fruit on top.
    -mini naan bread or pita with humus or laughing cow cheese.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you like eating leftovers for breakfast, why not do that?

This. I used to do it a bunch. Or make a quick salad with some sort of protein on it, and lots of vegetables.