here we go back at it - 27, mom to one, hashimoto's. looking for friends - also have flucuated ALOT!

Options
started January 2011 - 211 lbs, was 135 by Septmeber 2011.

Slowly made my way back to 155 lbs by March of 2012 and steadily stayed there for about 2 years – moderately happy.

At 155 lbs – and 5’4 ish I wear a 6/8 I was toned and I felt comfortable.

Fast track to May of 2015 – I was back up to 203 lbs, which sucked I slowly made my way back to 180 by winter of 2015.

Then by spring I made it to 177, and I am currently 166 lbs. I’m not sure whether or not to feel like a failure – but I am not happy.

I work out 3-4 times a week, I work 50 hours a week and I have a 6 year old, I watch what I eat but it just feels like I have been stuck here for a while.

I need some encouragement, and any mom friends would be great. I am a single mom, I do have a serious boyfriend who is in amazing shape – who loves me but obviously I feel a tiny bit insecure.

Looking to grow – get stronger and be in the best shape I can be for my daughter.

Have a great day 

Replies

• stc1982
    stc1982 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom, just had a baby boy about 3 months ago and gained about 60lbs while pregnant. I was already larger than ideal pre-baby so I have my work cut out for me. I'm 5'3 and currently 183 lbs, got up to 215 while pregnant. I was 160 when I got pregnant but got down to 140 about 6 months prior to that. I'd like to get down to 135-140ish. I also have hashimoto's and take synthroid daily. Exercising with a baby is so difficult! I'm running low on sleep and eating whatever I can prepare and eat with one hand.

I'm determined to lose this weight and be the healthiest that I can be for me and my son.

Let's do this!
  • TheMegami
    TheMegami Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom of two (d4, s2.5). I started this because I'm trying to get down to my prepregnancy weight and I've found a lot of moms doing similar things.
  • minusblindfold25
    minusblindfold25 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me. I went from 230 to 160 in 2011. A size18 to a size 5. I gained it back over the past 5 years though. It took me 9 months to lose 90 pounds. I am now 34 years old and back in a size 15. I just started this up to help track calories.. I work out a lot and I have recommited to this plan. I avoided grains ate lots of Tiny meals ..cardio cardio cardio .im 5'7. I am starting over.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hi there,I don't have hashimotos but I do have an autoimmune condition called Interstitial Cystitis that causes bladder frequency/pain. I lost the bulk of my weight in 2014 but recently due to pain and not being able to work out as hard,I have gained ten lbs back. Feel free to add me! :)