20 days in and feeling optimistic!

Options
I've been hearing about MFP for a very long time and finally decided to try it out 3 weeks ago. I've lost 9 lbs so far and I couldn't be happier! I still have about another 40 to my goal weight but for the first time in a long time, I'm confident I can achieve this goal. I'm looking forward to getting back to myself, to the girl that used to look back at me in the mirror. I know she's still there somewhere.. wish me luck!

Replies

• Beav73
    Beav73 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your 5..have fun and work hard
  • jess427
    jess427 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yay I've been on MFP for a good while now too but always picked it up and dropped it soon this time around its only been a few days but really feel like I'm in it to win it lol
    You're doing great keep at it I'm sure you'll meet your goals :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress so far - Well done :)
  • raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Wow! Three pounds a week! It is great but not sure I would recommend that pace. What are you eating? Calories? Exercise? Maybe I am wrong but the people I have connected to are losing 1 to 2 pounds a week. It should be slow and steady to maintain this after. This can be a journey to learn about yourself and learn from others. Wishing you much success!
  • its_nati08
    its_nati08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The first 6 lbs came off after the first week. It's been much slower results since. Aside from sticking to 1350 calories, I'm also drinking a lot of water which I wasn't before (at all). I think that may have been jump started the significant loss. I definitely agree with you that 1 to 2 lbs weekly will be the safest and most successful results. Thank you for the advice!