Whole 30 starts today! join me?

Options
i'm starting my new journey on Whole 30 today - with the mindset that this is going to be forever. i've got 100 pounds to lose. i'm sure i'll have slip-ups, because planning is going to be the hardest part. anyone want to join me so we can help each other?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Wait, are you planning to stay on Whole 30 for the rest of your life? It's an elimination diet meant to find out if you are allergic to certain foods. It is not a wegiht loss diet, and if your goal is to lose weight, that is demanding enough, you don't want to waste effort on restricting completely normal and nutritious foods.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You might find this interesting. It is from the creator of the Whole30

http://whole30.com/2016/05/whole30-forever-replay/
  • aliem
    Options
    If you need any help though, I can help. I have done it a few times as a reset.
  • Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You should try weight watchers! You can do it for free off of Pinterest!
  • VonHocker08
    VonHocker08 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Whole30 is a super great start to see what you need to eliminate. I am currently on a similar way of eating because of other reasons. Friend me!
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i'm going to do a couple of months on WHOLE30 and then do a combo of clean eating / paleo. i have a horrible sweet tooth and i dearly love bread. so i really need to be super super strict for a whiile. Whole 30 is going to point me in the right direction. i know that Whole30 is a way of life - and i'm hoping to lose the weight as i relearn how to eat. i know its not a 'weight loss' program per sa - but i'm using MFP to post everything i eat and keep up with the calories. i've tried everything under the sun (hey- i'm 57 - there have been a LOT of fad diets during my lifetime)!!! but i'm also working with my chiropractor/nutritionist with vitamin and mineral deficiencies... so i'm not without supervision!
  • TexasBridgett
    TexasBridgett Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How's your whole 30 going so far? I started mine today!
  • aliem
    Options
    How's your whole 30 going so far? I started mine today!

Mine is going super well. I have tons of energy and in general feeling extra happy. But this one isn't my first rodeo and even this one had its really hard days. Good luck in these next two weeks. Once you get through them, I hope you start seeing your non scale victories!
  • BabiiSam
    BabiiSam Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    U can do it!!!
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 9. i think day 6-7, especially 7 was the hardest. i hit a wall and couldn't hardly make it up the stairs at work! thank goodness that only lasted 1 day! i'm ready for the 'feeling good' phase to hit! and i've really had to make myself not get on the scale! i'm going to try to make it the whole 30 days!
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    How did your whole30 end people? I am on my day 3. Foggy and ligheaded as hell. But eating great whole foods!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    hard pass on this
  • MamawChristy
    MamawChristy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are getting ready to do Whole30, I think it will be really great for us, and a big reset for me. Been on MFP about 3 1/2 years! Have just struggled the last couple of months, and not felt great, so I know it will be good to do this and clean up our eating.
  • cariorliz
    cariorliz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hey everyone...My hubby and I are on day 25...first time doing whole 30...seriously...its opened our eyes on lots of things...We FEEL GOOD...it's worth finding out a few things...do not miss the bread, WINE or the cheese...I am sure I will want to reintroduce a few things...but its the feeling of sleeping through the whole night, bright eyes and just that overall feeling of not being bloated.... I still write down what I eat to track what I ate on what day...but for us...Its been a great thing! best of luck on your journey!!!
  • aliem
    Options
    cariorliz wrote: »
    hey everyone...My hubby and I are on day 25...first time doing whole 30...seriously...its opened our eyes on lots of things...We FEEL GOOD...it's worth finding out a few things...do not miss the bread, WINE or the cheese...I am sure I will want to reintroduce a few things...but its the feeling of sleeping through the whole night, bright eyes and just that overall feeling of not being bloated.... I still write down what I eat to track what I ate on what day...but for us...Its been a great thing! best of luck on your journey!!!

You should totally do the reintroduction. It is worth it to figure out what makes you feel less well. It is crazy how much diet affects sleep. I always see that I have so much better sleep when I do a whole30 (excluding when I have done it at high stress times.) I just find that I get way happier. Some days I feel so good that I wonder if someone slipped an upper into my water! Great job! Hope you find your balance!
  • ll007a
    ll007a Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I belive in Whole30 for this reason...after 3 or 4 days of no sugar, grains, dairy, alcohol, etc., the FOOD MONSTER within me disappears. This monster I refer to is the feeling like you want to eat constantly and are never satisfied. Good protein and lots of vegetables will kill the cravings. Try it and see. Tough to get started but so worth it!
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I just started whole 30 today. I'm doing it as an alternative to the allergy testing suggested. I'm so sick of getting congested and coughing every time I eat.
  • catalinaromera
    catalinaromera Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Starting today! I'm so excited- honestly I'm excited for the challenge, for the specific rules rather than trying to just eat ambiguously "healthy." Began to feel some of the detox side effects today; a bit of a stomach ache, major cravings, headache towards the end of the day, and some digestive changes. I've been warned it gets worse, and been warned that days 10-16 are the hardest. Glad to find you all for support!
  • MamawChristy
    MamawChristy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody...my hubby and I have finished 2 weeks! I have still been logging on MFP, but I'm thinking after reading more of the book that maybe I will still keep logging in every day and keep up my streak, but not try to log all the food. They mention in the book that with Whole30 you shouldn't worry a lot about the calories and macros, and I'm thinking it might help me to take a break from logging all the food. What about you? We've been eating a lot of great meals! I am needing to fix more veggies for snacks and to just fill me up more at meals. Because I have been getting a little too hungry between meals. Also I caught that I was eating too many nuts.