Scales

Options
Hello,
I have a question and I hope I can get some clarification. Which scale is more accurate, yours or the one in the doctor's office?

Replies

• sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Whichever has the lowest reading lol. I don't have home scales just use the gym ones or the print out ones in shops.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Anyone's guess really. My home scale and my doctors scale read the same, but that was probably luck on my end.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above - the one that shows the lowest reading ;)

In all seriousness, stick with one. They aren't going to be wildly different anyway.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that often at the doctor you have eaten/are dressed/have drunk liquid.

In my opinion, the most reliable scale is the one that you get on nude, first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom and before consuming anything.
  • susannekb
    susannekb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The one at your doctors office is probably more accurate as it may need to be calibrated on a semi-regular basis. However it really doesn't matter as long as you use the same scale consistently. That way any differences between the scales won't be seen in your weight.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Dr's office scales tend to be more accurate IF they calibrate them regularly. Digital at-home scales tend to be more accurate than the other kind, plus you can weigh yourself naked, which I hear they frown on in Dr"s offices.