Grain free for two months: veggies, protein, and healthy fat

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Chrystal. I am new to this app. I love the supportive community. A few months ago I went grain free for 30 days but the habit did not stick. Now I am going for two months till it becomes an unconscious habit. Why? I felt my best psychologically, physically, and hormonally. It was exceptionally helpful during anxious / depressive moments and menstruation. I would love if someone joined me on the journey. If not, if someone has taken on the challenge and converted it to habit may comment on their journey. To see if the change has been beneficial for them. I would love to know! Thank you for a taking the time to read and comment!

Replies

• amybluefish
    amybluefish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I tried going gluten free but then decided it wasn't for me. I eat very little but I didnt eliminate it entirely
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I have to be gluten free, recently diagnosed as celiac, but I'm not 'grain free' if you consider all the other grains. I definitely had a lot of issues due to the undiagnosed celiac and everything it was doing to my body.

Were you have certain symptoms that had you go this direction? Maybe you don't need to cut "everything" but certain things, such as wheat? and it would be easier for you?

I don't know - this life isn't "easy" and I can't say I'd do it if I didn't have to ... ;)
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi! I became grain free in April after I lost over 100lbs lol! I always had digestive issues, I just didn't know what they were. As of April I'm no Grains, Soy, Gluten, or Dairy. However, I also can't have hard crunchy things (ie nuts & granola) or highly acidic (ie pineapple) either. So my food is very clean & mostly raw. But that also means I'm terrible about my tracking my diary now. However I do workout 6 days a week. I also like & comment on as many status updates as possible, I have a crazy busy schedule. But, new friends & mutual support are always welcome!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am doing an autoimmune diet, which is similar to the paleo guidelines except that I also can't have nuts/seeds, legumes, eggs, nightshade veggies and spices (potatoes, peppers, paprika, eggplant, etc) for the time being. I can enter them into my diet later if they don't impact my health. I can say it's definitely made a positive impact on my overall physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. I am still working on getting into an exercise routine again, but I know that food and sleep are my main culprits. I will add you as a friend!