Gaining while going through divorce

Options
I can't believe I gained 15lbs with such a stressful divorce which is still not done. I try to work out and hike a lot but love to make food too so I don't have to eat out. Help! I need to held liable to be recording everything I eat and lose now 25 lbs which is now my goal.

Replies

• MaxineMarieM
    MaxineMarieM Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are going through this stress. Be kind to yourself and do not put extra stress on yourself or you will set yourself up to fail. I will try and help you with your accountability if you want.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I gained about the same in my days leading up to our separation. I wanted the divorce but still it was a stressful scary time.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You're human. Life happens and our weight goes up or down accordingly - don't beat yourself up about it.
    Stick with MFP and you'll lose your desired weight - but don't be too hard on yourself. We'll help you here :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Make the decision to make yourself a top priority. Tell yourself you need to be healthy a fit to feel good, fight the stress, and to keep your self esteem high as you go through this difficult time. All your fitness pal friends are here for you. Take care of yourself. :)
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm sorry you're going through this, but so happy you're taking the steps to take care of YOU! Feel free to add me xo
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing. It's a long and stressful process for sure! I'm down 5 of the 20 I put on over the past 18 months. 15 to go!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I initiated the divorce but it's doesn't make it any easier. I ate my way through the summer and put on 10 lbs, which is alot when you're 5 ft tall! So I'm trying to tighten up my eating and exercising. Rational me knows it's not healthy to stuff my face with fried food and cookies when I'm sad or stressed, but emotional me just wants some relief! Hang in there and feel free to friend me if you want support!