Women 55+ wanted as friendly motivaters and supporters

Options
About Me: :)

I'm 61 years old, married female and trying to lose weight more for health reasons.
I'm 5'4 and weigh about 166.
Small boned
My blood pressure is good (118/60) but I have extremely high Cholesterol. (runs in family)
I'm a Christian but I'm here to lose weight, not proselytize or get political.

My blood tests this past week revealed I also was just a tad below normal for my kidneys. THAT freaked me out. My sister died Sept 8 at the age of 56 - that freaked me out, although I don't drink for the most part. She died of Cirrhosis of the Liver. She just dropped dead. We found out she was a closet alcoholic for years. No one knew she had it. We don't think she even knew, because never went to the doctors.

About YOU:

Must be a normal woman, 55+
losing weight for good health
struggles constantly with their new adventures with food.

If you need me to encourage you ever single post, then I am not for you. I'm human. I forget. I can I will try my best. I feel that there is so much frustration about just trying to maintain my food goals, then to get my panties in a bunch if someone doesn't pump me up every time I post and vise versa. B)

Replies

• djaustin53
    djaustin53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends to motivate me. ( am fine without everyday help.) I'm 63 and quit smoking in 2013. Gained 45#.. lost 15 easily, the last 30 won't budge. Snavemom, sorry to hear about your sister, I lost my brother in 2012 to lung cancer. Anyone can add me.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm 67 and I've been diagnosed with Congestive heart failure (family problem) and mild pulmonary hypertension, not primary (hopefully). Would I like to look better, yes! But my primary reason is to keep breathing and not overworking or overloading my heart with fluids that gather as a result partly from my diet. I'm doing well. I've lost 34 pounds since the end of May but I still have at least a hundred more to lose, so I'll be around for a while to encourage and need encouraging!
  • northcoastbeauty
    northcoastbeauty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 67 and I've been diagnosed with Congestive heart failure (family problem) and mild pulmonary hypertension, not primary (hopefully). Would I like to look better, yes! But my primary reason is to keep breathing and not overworking or overloading my heart with fluids that gather as a result partly from my diet. I'm doing well. I've lost 34 pounds since the end of May but I still have at least a hundred more to lose, so I'll be around for a while to encourage and need encouraging!

how are you doing? I just learned that I have Pulmbinary Hypertension. Will be starting Pilulmonary Rehab Monday. Can't exercise at all without chest pain.