Savory uses for protein powder

Options
I am relying heavily on protein powder to get an adequate supply. I bought LabDoor's highest rated powder and it has no flavor. Don't really like it in smoothies so I went back to a vanilla flavored powder for that. However, I would like to use my rice cooker and thought perhaps I could use the unflavored powder to make a sauce or gravy that I could adjust to match the carbs. Has any one tried to use protein powders this way? I drank it in tomato juice and it is really tasteless, but hard to look at.

Replies

• abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've used vanilla protein powder to sweeten sweet potatoes.
  • judywbooth
    judywbooth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Ill give it a try
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @judywbooth I have had success with adding unfavored protein powder to ricotta cheese filling in lasagna or stuffed shells. I did also use cottage cheese food processed instead ricotta along with eggs (+ protein powder).

Side note ricotta is a whey based product as well so this why I thought to try it.

You could put as well in cottage cheese style enchiladas too!
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like using vanilla or chocolate protein powder in my overnight oats. I don't know if you are really supposed to cook or bake with protein powder (I've read it may lose some things in the process?), but I still like doing for flavor. I like using in my ezekiel bread french toast. Or Protein pancakes with protein powder, egg whites and rolled oats in my ninja. Or an oatmeal bake in the oven. Makes it feel kind of like dessert to me.
  • Goldstr324
    Goldstr324 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What about trying protein shakes that actually taste good? Lol. I'm being serious too. My Isalean shakes taste amazing and all I add is water and ice..and they are a full meal replacement. Feel free to msg me if you want more info