im still hungry

Options
only have 150 calories left and im still hungry like really really hungry and it seems to be this way every night any suggestions??

Replies

• car01ine
    car01ine Posts: 12
    Options
    water water water, it's my saving grace hun
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! Depending on the brand, you can eat an entire bag for around 120 calories.
  • car01ine
    car01ine Posts: 12
    Options
    Almonds are great too, 23 kernels are about 164 cal, I LOVE snacking on them
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    Usually I eat sugar free popsicles when I am still hungry....Blue Bell's are only 15 calories and they sure are YUMMY :tongue:
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    find snacks that are filling and under 100 calories.. a banana, a plum, even some treats that are 100 calorie packs or little ice creams that are 100 calories. i like to indulge here and there so i always have some sort of ice cream or chocolate around that is low in calories. also to keep you full glass of water and some nuts.. nuts are higher in calories than other snacks but very filling.
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    water water water, it's my saving grace hun

I'll have to agree.... water has been mine too
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    If you are usually hungry in the evenings try saving some calories during the day so you can have some snacks :P
  • teeny1973
    teeny1973 Posts: 18
    Options
    I eat airpopped popcorn, its filling and its a great snack :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit, some popcorn or almonds, yogurt, cheese. Try to pick something with fiber and protein..they keep you full.
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    I'll definitely echo water... I drink between a gallon and 1.5 gallons most days, and it is a huge help. Also, are you getting enough protein, calcium, iron? Sometimes if I am still hungry, and have met all of those goals, I need to carb up with a little white rice, but check your nutrition first.
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What about some low cal cereal? The protein and calcium in milk can be very filling. Popcorn is another of my favorites. Always eat when you are hungry--just try to find good or semi-good options. You can do it!!!!!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary but I would guess too many carbs and not enough protein. Calories should never be under 1200 for women 1500 for men and lots of water, protein, fiber and exericse.

Limit fat, carbs and sodiun.

Best of Luck!
  • ilikeitdoulikeit
    Options
    The other night I made a frozen protein shake. I used skinny cow chocolate brownie ice cream, a dash of fat free milk, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder. It's a wee bit over 200 cal. It was really good & it filled me up. Yum! I think it is going to become one of my favorite snacks a couple of times of week. :wink:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of Steel Cut Oats is EXACTLY 150 calories and it is VERY filling - of course you might have to go over just a few calories if you want to put in a teaspoon of brown sugar or blueberries or something.

Fiber and protein help you feel full

A protein shake - biochem sports protein is 90 cals a scoop, made with almond milk (40 cals a cup) is also very filling. You'd have another 20 cals to play with (a scoop of cocoa powder to make it chocolatey - yum, yum!)
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions very helpful also i agree with the water i drink between 10-14 cups per day but im not sure that helps keep me full maybe my mind is playin tricks and im not really hungry
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. You can flavor it with fruit, lemons or limes. Apples are also good. High in fiber to help you fill full.