making myself eat!!

Options
New here & name is ziggie
Large problem trying to get in the habit of eating all 3 meals a day, but i have the problem where i go all day sometimes and don't eat because i am not hungry. my appetite have change in the weirdiest way. I can go all day and just eat once and be satisfied or i may have a issue were i don't eat all day then eat to much at once. I drink h20 all day long and have a grapfruit soda maybe once or twice a day. any suggestions on things that are convenient to carry that could replace a meal.

Replies

• dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Maybe you can get like a protein shake or some other kind of nutritional beverage... Not sure just a suggestion
  • car01ine
    car01ine Posts: 12
    Options
    But that's the problem you have no metabolism, you need to kick start it by retraining. Eating the meals is the only way to do that, your body is hanging on to the food it does get because it doesn't know when it's getting it's next meal....try it and see, best of luck hun
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hiya Ziggie

First of all, welcome. Secondly you have to get rid of the notion that we should eat three meals a day! My meals are not what would be considered meals, but "snacks" all day long. You need to eat 5-6 mini meals throughout the day. I never used to eat breakfast, now I have a 1/2c of Oatmeal, Protein powder and a slice of toast. Am I hungry when I eat it? Nope, but I know that if I didn't eat I would be hungrier later.

Once you start logging your input you will see. Almonds are great to carry around for a "fix".....count them out ahead of time and put some in baggies to carry with you....

You will do fine...
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    fiber one bars, granola bars, protein bars, slim fast bars and such.
  • ziggiezed
    ziggiezed Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. but another question?
    could i replace fruit cups for smaller snacks? To eat 5 to 6 small meals yights how am i going to do this?
    Lord help me.
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. but another question?
    could i replace fruit cups for smaller snacks? To eat 5 to 6 small meals yights how am i going to do this?
    Lord help me.

Remember to shed the notion of what a "meal" constitutes. Just look at your calorie goal for the day and divide it by 4 or 5 and fit those calories in there when you can. I don't know about "fruit cups", but what about just plain ole Fruit? Or yogurt like CarbMaster or Greek Yogurt? The concept I use, is sorta like "nibbling" all day long. Nothing too heavy, just eating to replenish my fuel.

The suggestions about Fiber One bars, protein bars etc is an excellent one. Look for higher fiber foods, that fill you up! Fresh Fruit, nuts/almonds these are easy carry along snacks/meals!

You'll do great!!!