100 miles/25lbs in 100 days Challenge!

Options
So today I got an email from my college telling me it was officially 100 days til Homecoming and it got me to thinking, I wanna do something BIG in 100 days!

I started Couch to 5k yesterday and I want to run 100 miles in 100 days! (Hey, it's only a mile a day) I also want to lose these last 25lbs in 100 days!

I know that my Homecoming doesn't mean much to other people but doing something big in 100 days might. So who wants to join? We can encourage each other along the way! :happy:

Replies

• frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge, I dont think I will run the 100 miles but I will walk it. Like you said only a mile a day! Plus I like the challenge of 25 lbs as well, i need to lose that as well.

I will start today!

Good Luck
  • Sarahcuda
    Sarahcuda Posts: 76
    Options
    I like the sound of 100 miles in 100 days (but I like the 25lbs even better!)

It's on!

-Sarah
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be down 25 lbs in 100 days! Lets do it!
  • dcollins12
    dcollins12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun and will help me get back into shape! Count me in!!
  • MelisBee
    MelisBee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Walking 100 miles is great too! Feel free to add me and let's encourage each other! :smile:
  • abbz17
    abbz17 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'll try! Good luck to you!
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    I think I can handle that... I'm in :smile:
  • TakuraHunt
    Options
    Just completed another 2.3 miles for today... :smile:
  • MelisBee
    Options
    Finally got to run today! I pulled a muscle and was out for a couple days but it felt GOOD to run! I added another 2.5 miles! :)
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    can i join i did 2 miles today :)
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Can I Join?

SW 172
    will start my ticker now. can't wait

Jen
  • TakuraHunt
    Options
    Did another 2 miles this morning... now my son is asking if we can go running (maybe later - its too hot right now)
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this as well. I just joined the site and I'm planning on starting couch to 5k on Monday. I'll post after I start!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I'm liking the sound of this def up for giving it a go with everyone :) great training for the race i'm training for too...and like the 25lb lose even more!

What's this Couch thing people keep mentioning? i'm intreigued...
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    I'm liking the sound of this as well... For me personally the 25# thing is not realistic (tho would be awesome), but the miles are! I walked 6 miles today so I'm off to a good start. Good luck everyone :)
  • califigureeight
    Options
    I'm in! I'll add you and you instruct me from there.

I'm assuming that our range is 7/9/11--10/15/11? (I used the date of your post as well as the date from your signature)
  • MelisBee
    Options
    I'm liking the sound of this def up for giving it a go with everyone :) great training for the race i'm training for too...and like the 25lb lose even more!

What's this Couch thing people keep mentioning? i'm intreigued...

It's Couch to 5k. It's a really great program that teaches people who don't have any real experience running to run 5k in 9 weeks. Google it. It's free. If you have an iphone or droid, you can get the app for like 2 bucks that tracks how much you run and actually tells you when to run and when to walk.
  • MelisBee
    Options
    I'm so excited for everyone starting! Feel free to add me and lets all encourage each other!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I did 1.25 miles yesterday. No walking today... well, didn't track it. I cleaned for 2 hours, should have tracked my steps. I am sure I did at least 2 miles today back & forth in the house, ect.
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    count me in :]]]