Help Me Resist!

Options
I told myself I wasn't going to eat any of the goodies in my home, but then I figured hey, I have some calories left. So I took one. And another. And another. Now I feel sick. How can I resist these bad cravings? Please help

Replies

• car01ine
    car01ine Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm finding that if I eat the bad stuff I lay awake at night because I can feel it as a lump sitting inside my stomach, it puts me right off eating it again, last night we went to the inlaws for tea and we had pasta, it's now nearly midday here and I can still feel it! It's awful!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I found that the only way to do it is to not have them in the house. If that isn't possible then before eating them think it through and remember how bad you will feel afterwards if you do give in. You can do it!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    First thing........ gauge your self-control-meter. Don't start, if you can't trust yourself to eat a moderate amount with dignity! Then, make a big deal of enjoying the time with your snack. Mentally tell yourself that it was "just enough!" Move out of the environment and get really busy with something that doesn't allow you to get back in the area of the snacks. It is a process. Some days will be easier than others.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Don't buy the "goodies" or keep them in your house. I have 100 calorie skinny cow ice cream bars, and that's all I allow myself.

That said, my husband pulled out a bag of blue chips tonight... there goes 700 calories! ARGHH...
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have to give into temptations every once in awhile. We're only human. ;)
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Time to look forward. You can do it!!