Looking for Some MFP Friends!

Options
I posted this in a reply to another topic, but I'm not sure if that's right or not! Still getting the hang of this! :-)

Hello!

I'm not new to MFP, but I am new to the forums. I'm always back and forth with my weight, but the past year has been really awful. I moved to a new city and gained nearly 50 pounds. Things really have come to a head, as my weight is at an all-time high of 250 pounds, and it has kept me from skydiving with my husband and friends for the first time (I had to lie and say I was just afraid, but in reality I couldn't jump because I exceeded the maximum weight limit) and I couldn't go on a number of rides at the water park for the same reason. I've stopped thinking of myself as attractive in any way, and I'm only 26. I'm terrified that I'm wasting the best part of my life by being fat and lazy.

I snapped last night and decided to try to lose weight again. I lost 80 pounds a few years ago and got to a healthy weight, now I need to try again. I have 100 pounds to lose, but I'm trying to focus on setting goals that revolve around doing things for periods of time (coming in under my MFP calories for 14 days in a row, working out 30 minutes every day for a week, etc.), rather than pounds lost.

I'm at a very low point and I'm hoping to find support. I'm the lone fat girl in a group of friends who can easily maintain thin figures, and they often seem to tempt me when I tell them about my efforts to be healthy. Hopefully a forum of people in my same situation will be more supportive :-)

xxx
Bee

Replies

• TheTeeWhy
    TheTeeWhy Posts: 186
    Options
    Hey Bethany I'm completely new to the entire site! So I'll be your friend if you like I'm looking for some people too! We can be buddies
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bee!!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Bethany,

I would love to be your friend!!! I would also love to help and support you as I have a daughter who is 24 and a single mother who lives with us so she can get back on her feet and she is over 200 lbs and is trying her best to lose. I have been helping her too. She has lost about 30 lsbs so far and believe me you are not the only fat girl in the crowd out there.

Hang in there, do your best and we are all here to support you and cheer you on!!! You can do this!!!!

Hugs
    Bev
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend.. A group of us are holding each other accountable on here and its been a great support system.. :):) wishing you luck through the journey
  • mlegend
    mlegend Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey Bee,
    I'm in a similar situation and would love to have a buddy!
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your buddy and help offer support when needed! We can alll use friends that are on the same journey and understand what and why we are trying to improve ourselves!
  • banjobaby
    banjobaby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Bee,

I'm in the same boat as you ( have at *least* 100 lbs to lose)

I'm not new to MFP either but I came on the forums for added support and would love to be buddies!

~ Lauren
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I can relate with you. I lost 111 lbs before having my 3 kids. Losat 50 after the first one then gained it back again then lost about 25 after the 2nd baby and now I had my 3rd and have over 100lbs to lose but I'm on my way and I love having support and motivation!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    also added everyone else on this post! add me!
  • red_hatorade
    red_hatorade Posts: 166
    Options
    Hey, I know the feeling. I will be 26 in August and I am currently 258 lbs. I pretty much stay in the house because I am ashamed of my weight. When me and my fiance go out, people stare and say things to us. He is really attractive, so they see him with a fat girl and figure it is their job to inform him I am fat. Like he has no eyes. Anyways, after the birth of my daughter (and a high pregnancy weight of 274) I decided to try and lose some weight. I have successfully lost 6 lbs so far. I want to be able to do things that I cannot currently do like go to water parks, swim, go on a beach vacation, etc. I'd love to be buddies! Add me!
  • mlm7126
    mlm7126 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Bee,

Just joined this site yesterday! I'm 27 and have been progressively gaining weight during my twenties. The combination of college stress followed by a job where I am sitting most of the time has not been helpful! I'm hoping that the meal tracker as well as the community aspect of MFP will help me to stay on the right track!

Talk to me anytime for encouragement! :)
    Maria
  • Aurelia_Willow
    Aurelia_Willow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey Bethany! My name is Laurie. I am 28 and just joined this site about a month ago. I'll add you as a friend! I have been progressively gaining weight, mainly due to stress and inactivity.
  • bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I cannot even tell you all how amazing this is! The amount of support I got from one post is so rad!! You all have just seriously tipped my "Can I Do It?" meter from "probably" to "HELL YES!!" :-D
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Bee,
    What a great intro. My name is Katherine and I'm also new to this site. You and I sound a lot alike. I also have about 100 pounds to lose. Welcome to the MFP family.
  • IamMsDeniece
    Options
    Welcome!!! I use to have a great figure and felt awesome about myself, The, my mom died, I had two kids and went into depression. Now I have weight to lose and it's harder than before. But I am hanging int here and doing ok. This site and the forums and friends help soooo much. There's so many people in the same boat to offer help and advice. I fully believe that I will meet my goal by the end of the year or earlier. Woohoo! You can do it too! Add me if you want :)
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    I have been here for about 3 weeks and just love it
    feel free to add me:)
    good luck with your journey
  • yeahbaby
    yeahbaby Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Bee - thanks for this great intro. I'd love to join in with this group too. I have about 50 pounds to lose and have been stuck for a while - I need a fresh dose of encouragement and some more friends to help me on the way!

Bev :)
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm Phoebe (people call me Bea, too, lol) and I'm 20. I would love to be your friend to help motivate each other! I'm on my last 10 and am very happy with this site! I think you will love it too.
    The best of luck, friend request sent :)
  • wfbmmay
    wfbmmay Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm new-ish as well - was trying to do this on my own and have finally realized - why???? Why go it alone when there are so many people facing the same struggle as me?
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My fitness pal! :smile: