Loose skin

Options
I've lost 50 lbs...anyone have suggestions on the loose skin without resorting to surgery just yet?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Loose skin after weight loss comes down to mainly genetics, however, there are other factors too eg history of significant weight losses/gains, environment, amount of weight loss, skin elasticity etc.

Given the amount lost and should you not have a history of significant weight losses/gains I would say give it time..it can take up to 2 years to tighten assuming that genetics and age are on your side.

Make sure you consume good fats, build the underlying muscle to help support the skin (hopefully so it doesn't look too saggy), I am sure there may be some other tips.
  • 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    what she said, and lotion lots of lotion
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Main factors : age and rate of loss. Nothing can be done about the age factor (but you are youngish!). You can control the rate of loss. If 50 pounds is your total goal I don't think its going to be a big problem. I am currently getting (red, angry) stretch marks from weight loss :'( but that is not stopping me.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have the same question - I'm 21 and have lost 2 stone. I have a lot of white stretch marks on my chest area (which were once purple stretch marks when gaining weight/going through puberty). I'm just focusing on toning my muscles and hoping that paired with time and moisturizer helps!
  • tobisch86
    tobisch86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Clawsal wrote: »
    Main factors : age and rate of loss. Nothing can be done about the age factor (but you are youngish!). You can control the rate of loss. If 50 pounds is your total goal I don't think its going to be a big problem. I am currently getting (red, angry) stretch marks from weight loss :'( but that is not stopping me.
    I plan to lose more weight. I have 50 more to go. I just want to get a kick start on the loose skin now bc I'm sure there is more to come.