What have you done today today to make you feel proud?

Options
I don't know if there is a thread like this but it's sometimes hard to stop and pat yourself for the little everyday achievements that put you a step closer towards your goal, wether its going for a run,doing p90x, turning down desert
anything.

I'll go first

I burnt 826 calories today because I overindulged, I'm still over by 89 calories but i just want to die right now so i'm going to lay in my bed for a bit and drop off to sleep and work off those 89 calories when i wake up in the morning.

EDIT: STUPID TYPO, can a mod change it for me :)

Replies

• caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    wow...after burning 800 calories, I wouldn't stress too much about 89...great job!!

I am in the process of getting in shape for a 5k, and I ran 2.5 miles straight today-my longest distance yet since coming back from an injury :smile:
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I taught a little kid how to ice skate :)
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym with my friend even though it was supposed to be my rest day. I went in the morning. I hate going to the gym in the morning. Good thing I did go though I went over my calories could have been much worse if I didn't... I hate seeing the red numbers too :(
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    With having had both my ACL's replaced...... I finally was able to do a full Turbo Jam high intensity without my extra weightKILLING my knees and I did TJ after day 7 of the 30DS
  • DJParrish01
    DJParrish01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I went over my calories today because, after making homemade chocolate chip and walnut cookies for a family reunion tomorrow, I decided I had to taste at least one from each batch!! lol! SO, I went walking in my neighborhood. Now my leg muscles are jumping!!! I feel proud that I made myself get off my *kitten* and walk instead of feeling guilty about the cookies... (which were delicious, by the way!)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I ran eight miles today. Oh, and I asked not to have the bread delivered to my table at lunch at Logan's Roadhouse... major victory!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    today today, i did the 'double' workout day in insanity for the first time made it through pure cardio/ cardio abs. with only a short break to put my phone back together ,and get the power cord to the lap top it was a bout to die
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I got up today and went to a new gym. This may not sound like much - but I'm the kind of person who doesn't really like change in my normal routine, so going to a new gym was weird. On top of that, I NEVER get up and go work out - I'm always a go and workout at night kind of person.

It feels good to sit here at 9:12pm and know that my workout is out of the way already.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Instead of devouring an entire entree at the Hard Rock, I only ate half of my 6oz burger (I also removed the top bun), and only had about 5 fries. My first eating out experience while trying to lose weight went great I'd say!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I ran today for 3 miles and did some speed work! Burned 515 calories cause I knew I was going to have some cake today!! Way to go peeps!!
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    AND... I walked downtown Louisville for 4 hours!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Was still in my "I wanna be lazy I'm on vacation" mode and didn't want to work out, but I pushed myself and I'm getting through it!!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I mowed the lawn at the cottage with the neighbors push mower instead of getting the rider out!!

Kim :)
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    had the urge to buy me a medium pizza and just indulge...yes eat it all !! i have never done that ...lol but i was so hungry... had to control myselg and just made a turkey sandwich at home and drank lots of water =D
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Finally got back on track today. Ate totally clean today AND did 15 minutes of HIIT plus 30 minutes of steady state on the elliptical. Then I took my kids to the park AND I got a nap today! Great day! :D
  • jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    Options
    i went for a walk with my boyfriend and his dog and did it fast past
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I got up today and went to a new gym. This may not sound like much - but I'm the kind of person who doesn't really like change in my normal routine, so going to a new gym was weird. On top of that, I NEVER get up and go work out - I'm always a go and workout at night kind of person.

It feels good to sit here at 9:12pm and know that my workout is out of the way already.

I went to a new gym today too- it was to try my friends gym out they had an open day. I must say I prefer my regular gym soo much more! Did you like the new one??? I am also a work out at night kind of person too well afternoon/ early evenings, but going in the morning today I feel off like I didn't go to the gym I have to remind myself that yes I did go :)
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Not related to weight loss, but I fixed up my 16year old daughter's new, used car. It is an 04 and had very hazy headlights. I used this restoration kit (lots of grinding) and now they are crystal clear. Touched up paint on a few chips and repainted the grill. She was very happy and I was thrilled to do it for her.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I walked for over an hour and took a yoga class:-)
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Even though it was my rest day... I did a 20 minute cardio work out with Bob and kettle bells. I needed something to do to take my mind off of a bad situation I'm going through.