Jeez, it sneaks up on you doesn't it?

Options
I've been maintaining for awhile now after losing 7.1 stone (100lbs) but over this last month I've gained half a stone (7lbs), it's scary at just how easy it is to go back to old habits, it's entirely my fault, I've not been logging, weighing my food or doing anything right if I'm honest so I have no one to blame but myself and believe me I am, I guess once I hit my goal I just stopped acting like a person who has been obese their whole life and got very lax in my good habits. But MFP has always worked for me so I've set up my weeks food and I'll stick to it, hoping to shift what I gained in 3 - 4 weeks.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You'll lose those unwanted pounds in no time - you know how to do this! :)
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    So true! You work and work to get the weight off and just a short amount of time goes by when you're not being diligent, and the weight jumps up. Glad you caught it early!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    My husband always says how unfair it is ..it takes so much work to lose a pound.. and you can gain it back and then some in just one week. weight yourself everyday or week.. you can lose it and get right back on track.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I know that from my history, I will never be able to stop the daily weigh-ins and calorie counting. It will just have to be a way of life for me.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I agree it's not fair how easy it is to gain weight. I too will be weighing and logging for the rest of my life
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. My pants are tight and I feel gross.
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It happens so fast and sometimes unexpectedly. I hear people say not to weigh every day. But if I don't then it tends to creep up. And it's the small things. A bite here and a bite there. An extra glass of wine. Eek. I too am back at losing the few pounds that have snuck up
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Add me to the 'few pounds up' club. I get smart and think I have a handle on things, and then realise I really don't.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I have to wonder if it wouldn't be helpful to aim for a small deficit (e.g. 100 cals/day) while maintaining to provide a buffer against holidays, nights out, etc.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance and I am monitoring my weight daily. I am still logging in food now, I did take a day off of logging in my foods a few days ago, and I did great. I will be a MFP member forever! I need the accountability. If I chart in my weight, then it has to be true. I have a 5 pound range to keep my weight, and so far I am doing very well. I picked a goal weight that I could realistic live with, I can eat foods I love and feel satisfied. I am happy.