Day off = eat everything in sight!

Options
It's my day off and this is usually when I break a diet. How to you keep yourself from sitting on the couch and not reaching for your bf's cheetos that he's hidden in the top shelf of the cabinet and he thinks you don't know it's there?!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    By not going on a diet. I don't have to stop myself from anything when I already eat what I want in the amounts that I need.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,889 Member
    Options
    When I was on a mission to lose weight, I didn't take days off my diet.

I was on the diet for 16 weeks ... then I took a 1-month diet break because I was on holiday and because I wasn't sure if I wanted to lose more or not ... then I went back onto the diet again for another 16 weeks.

Days off work are for going for long bicycle rides. :):)
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Projects. Ones where cheese hands are annoying.

Get out of the house.

Tell yourself you can have 1 serving later on, and make sure it fits in your macros.

Tell yourself that it is not your food, so you don't eat it.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    self controooooooooooooooooool
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I don't give myself days off.

Instead, i eat the foods i love and enjoy in moderation every single day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need for cheat days, perhaps because my calorie deficit is not aggressive and I eat at maintenance a few days a month when my appetite spikes premenstrually. Since I don't feel deprived, I have no desire to cheat.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Your boyfriend hid Cheetos from you? And you found them? That's funny! :)

Plan something fun besides sitting on the couch... or while on the couch take a nap, you will not eating while you are sleeping. Or moreover, I like the self control idea from @lazsommer.. Do you want to keep your goals and stay on point? Then you will.

I work from home, and the kitchen is only a few steps away from my desk.. It takes discipline to not get into the cabinets..
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not my cheetos. I don't get to eat someone else's private stash.
    Keep busy and out of the kitchen.
    Plan my meals and stick to my plan.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Do you mean a day off work? It can be more challenging because of a change in schedule. I try to maintain a regular weekend schedule. That seems to help me.
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of the other posters said, don't take a "day off" from eating healthy (if that's what you mean, and not a day off work lol).
    If you want something then eat it and fit it into your daily allotment. Also, one thing that really worked for me is to stop thinking of it as a "diet". If you are eating healthier and trying to change your lifestyle then it's just eating healthy. To me a diet is temporary...your not going to be on a diet for the rest of your life. If your dieting now and go back to how you used to eat later, then the weight returns. If you eat healthy then you have changed your lifestyle.

Now, if you mean how do you not eat everything in sight on your day off of WORK, then I would say keep yourself busy/distracted. I have 2 kids, so even on my days off work I am always busy lol.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Don't stay home. Go out. Go for a walk. Plan some nice meals for today. Do a project.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Try to keep busy, but if you fail just move on. I'm amazed by the number of people who indicate that they eat what they want and don't go out of their daily allotment. There are times I go way over and I completely blow my calorie allotment. You are human. Just try to do the best you can the next day. Enjoy your day off and try not to worry to much!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Get off the couch and move. Be thankful he's hidden them to support you and not left them in plain sight. Decide how bad you want this. Good luck!
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Healthy living is all about balance. Deprivation leads to binge eating. The key is to eat healthy MOST (85%) of the time. You shouldn't really have a day off. Eat healthy and then allow yourself a dessert or snack that makes you feel like you're taking a day off. When you take full-on cheat days, you basically blow all the hard work you put in up to that point in the week. It's okay to have a little snack every single day as long as you stick to calorie goals. You won't feel as deprived and you'll be more inclined to make healthier food decisions MOST of the time. In time, you'll find that you grab a handful of Cheetos versus plowing through a bag...or even skip it and opt to reach for some grapes (or something of the sort) instead.
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    Try to keep busy, but if you fail just move on. I'm amazed by the number of people who indicate that they eat what they want and don't go out of their daily allotment. There are times I go way over and I completely blow my calorie allotment. You are human. Just try to do the best you can the next day. Enjoy your day off and try not to worry to much!

It's actually not that difficult. For example, I wanted fried shrimp for lunch...so I had it. Then I'll have maybe some turkey roll ups or boiled eggs for a snack later and then for dinner I'll do something light but full of protein like baked fish with a side of broccoli.

If I want that cookie dough ice cream for desert then I eat a little lighter through the the day and then have a bowl of it after dinner and I'm happy.
    Even if you do go over a little, you can make up for it the next day...workout a little extra, eat a little lighter, etc.
    I don't really crave a whole heck of a lot because if I want something then I eat it..I just plan ahead or only have a small portion.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    It's my day off and this is usually when I break a diet. How to you keep yourself from sitting on the couch and not reaching for your bf's cheetos that he's hidden in the top shelf of the cabinet and he thinks you don't know it's there?!

Priority #1 for me would be to get up off the couch. It's your day off, go do something fun.

And if Cheetos are a problem food for you, you might think about asking for bf to re-hide them.