Frustrated with slow weight loss

Hello everyone! I feel like I'm doing something wrong for I've only lost 10 lbs in 8 months!! I am 5'2 and weigh 138 I want to get to at least 127 but I don't know what I may be doing wrong. I eat an average of 1400 cals a day and workout 45-60 min 5-6x a week! My macronutrients ratios is 40p/40c/20f. I don't always meet these ratios since it's hard to eat so much protein but I try to stay in the 80-90 g of protein. I have lost 2 dress size but don't understand why the numbers are going down. My workouts consist of 3-4 days of resistance training and 2-4 days of 30 min cardio. Please help

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Do you weight solids and measure liquids?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    I have exactly the same stats as you - 5'2 and 138 lbs.
    I managed to get down to 117 at my smallest by weighing every thing, making sure my tracking was on point and working out regularly. 117 for me turned out to be pretty unsustainable because my maintenance calorie's reduced dramatically but it can be done. Having said that, it isn't always about the weight. You've lost two dress sizes - Non Scale Victorie's are just as important - if not moreso than the number on the scale.

If your GW is important to you however - keep logging, keep weighing portions and keep at it.
  • raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    Maybe you have put on muscle weight while you are training. I was told that muscle weighs more than fat. Losing 2 dress sizes though is AMAZING! You must look great and more defined with the muscle gain. I am not an expert but maybe do more cardio. I hope some of the training geeks here will answer.
  • marinangie
    marinangie Posts: 7 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Do you weight solids and measure liquids?

Yes, I measure/weigh and log everything that I eat and drink and almost always am under my calorie goal (1400) I also use a polar watch to track calories burned while working out (which I don't eat back).
  • marinangie
    marinangie Posts: 7 Member
    I have exactly the same stats as you - 5'2 and 138 lbs.
    I managed to get down to 117 at my smallest by weighing every thing, making sure my tracking was on point and working out regularly. 117 for me turned out to be pretty unsustainable because my maintenance calorie's reduced dramatically but it can be done. Having said that, it isn't always about the weight. You've lost two dress sizes - Non Scale Victorie's are just as important - if not moreso than the number on the scale.

If your GW is important to you however - keep logging, keep weighing portions and keep at it.
    Maybe you have put on muscle weight while you are training. I was told that muscle weighs more than fat. Losing 2 dress sizes though is AMAZING! You must look great and more defined with the muscle gain. I am not an expert but maybe do more cardio. I hope some of the training geeks here will answer.

Thank you ladies for your support. I always try to tell myself not to care what the scale says. I just don't understand why the scale reflects my hard work. The only thing that has kept me going is my progress pics I take every 3 months. Last year I lost 10 lbs in 3 months but the only difference was that I was eating 1100-1200 calories a day and would do more cardio (30 mins) but then holidays came around and I gained more than what I started with. This year I've included more weight training because I want to look ripped and not just skinny. I definitely see more muscle definition (especially my legs) than ever before but I am not lifting so heavy for me to say that that i gained a lot of muscle and that's what's making the numbers on the scale not move.

• aleshapijan177
    aleshapijan177 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm 5'4" and 146 lbs trying to get down to 120-125 what I was before I had my daughter! I've been doing it for 2 and a half weeks and finally just lost 3 lbs in the last two days. The slow progress sucks! But at least your losing inches! I always tell myself to not focus so much on the numbers and focus more on how I feel I look and how my clothes fit comfortably! Motivation and dedication or key! Feel free to add me :)
  • llello75
    llello75 Posts: 34 Member
    To be honest, slow weight loss is the best weight loss. What is most prob happening is that you are gaining muscle weight and losing fat size. Explained by your going down in dress size. You're on the right track.